Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Wed or Thursday House Music???

My gf and I are headed into the city this wed and thurs (April 12+13) nite as we both have off this week. We both like house and enjoy Dj's such as PvD, Armin, Tiesto, Ferry Corsten.

Does anyone know of any good clubs that are open on these nites that will keep us dancing???

P.S. We are not Chinese from right off the boat.

Thanks

We both like house and enjoy Dj's such as PvD, Armin, Tiesto, Ferry Corsten.

Well i can help for the HOUSE party not the trance part like the djs you named.

WED night i suggest you check out CIELO for the weekly ROOTS party with DJS LOUIE VEGA and KEVIN HEDGE, musically expect house music at its best. And some good dancers and a scene where people go to let loose and shake their asses off till the lights come on. No dress code like the other nights cielo is open besides from mon. Although you will get some people who are curious to go and see cielo which is known for its chic reputation. Cover about 10 bucks.

Thurs theres alot of things goin on THURS, if you want some bar/lounge with some local and regulars i suggest go to SIN SIN for the BLUE SKY THURS party. Local djs doing their thing. Also that night i know ELEMENT will be having a party in their VAULT, with djs DOWNDEEP, they play some deep,funky,sext house think miguel migs,kakade,ben watt, type of beats.

Also thurs BED is more bottles and models but will have some good djs which i cant recall right now. And fi your aorund tues i suggest you go to SAPPHIRE for some of the best dancers in NYC at the DEEPSEE party with eman n lola. And fri im having a aprty at NEST and then runnin over to CROBAR for DANNY TENAGLIA b4 goin to work. Have a good night whatever you decide.

My gf and I are headed into the city this wed and thurs (April 12+13) nite as we both have off this week. We both like house and enjoy Dj's such as PvD, Armin, Tiesto, Ferry Corsten.

Does anyone know of any good clubs that are open on these nites that will keep us dancing???

Thanks

Do you want house or trance cause your dj's are trance dj's. And gabe pretty much listed the top of the chain when it comes to house right there. And I don't know exactly when but I think peralta and rooster are coming to bed. I wouldn't mind checking them out as I love there tunes.

GABE!!!!

I just got an email from Cielo stating that Jazzanova would be there on Thursday night. Have you or anyone else heard them live? I have an AMAZING Fela Kuti - Africa - The Center of the World set that I downloaded and wouldn't mind going both nights this week!

Thanks

tiesto is house?

Thanks again everyone...we are actually headed over to Cielo tonight...we'll let you know how it is...

hey, by the way, can someone explain the difference between house and trance? Who are good house dj's and who are good trance dj's?

salsaking:

If you're looking for an official explanation of house vs. trance, then you can read it on WikiPedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_music

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trance_music

Personally, I think that's too formal and boring to read. I realized that there are different types of electronic music as I listened to more and more of it. But sometimes people still call me ignorant for not being able to differentiate between minimalist house and electro or trance and progressive :)

DJs you mentioned: PvD, Armin and Ferry play trance. What you're about to hear @ Cielo is house. Most parties in NYC right now feature house; I recommend that you hear DJ Boris, check his schedule on www.djboris.com : he is the number one NY house DJ right now.

Trance is fast pased synthizers galore, BORING for my taste, house depending on what style is more about soul, louie vega and boris would be 2 great example of 2 end of the spectrums of house music in nyc. ANd then its up to you to find out what you like best form those styles or inbetween. Im goin to ELEMENT tonite for DOWNDEEP thier sound is more sexy,funky house, and im having a aprty tomorrow night at NEST and the sound is more like tribal funky jazz type of sounds with some old school bombs in between.

Silver, at your recommendation, my gf and I went to Cielo last night (Wed.) Very nice place. Small, yet intimate. Different crowd than what we are used to at the "bigger" clubs, different styles of dance from one person to the next but it only added to the novelty and experience of the night. The "house" music from Vega was certainly a sharp contrast to what we are used to listening and dancing to...(PvD, Tiesto, Armin, Ferry). The music was a little jazzy and certainly full of soul. Although we're more into trance, we actually enjoyed standing off to the side at first and taking in the music and scene..and when we were ready stepping out onto the dance floor, rolling our sleeves up and joining right in. Overall a good night.

Thanks Max for the info. I actually downloaded some of Boris' music. About to listen to it.

Headed to Crobar this Fri for Mauro and DT. Cant wait!!

well if you wanna go somewhere b4 mauro and danny im haivng a aprty 3 blocks away at NEST 215 west 28th street, it wont be as deep and soulful as cielo on weds, we more tribally with funky beats and latin driven drums, party will be 10-5 and after onward todanny t. Mention urban relief guestlist for frrree admission b4 1am.

And if your into other stuff during the week shoot me a pm or my myspace is at the bottom ofmy signature.