Clubplanet Nightlife Community

help...............

I have set up 3, Pioneer CDJ700s decks and a Vestax mixer and great monitors and amps and have always been a huge house and trance head but can only go so far on my own and need a lesson or 2.

The party is on me for anyone who can give me a few pointers.

I need to learn technique and tricks of the trade. How to use the headphones to properly gauge mix-in points and stuff like looping and sampling and the use of effects. I have read up about matching BPM's and mixing but also want to produce some of my own mixes and not just spin exisitng ones. I was thinking of getting a laptop and getting rid of the 3rd deck and locating the laptop in the middle of the decks, above the mixer and then loading it up with beats, samples, voice clips, midi's and other sound files like waves, mp3's etc. and a cool software program just for DJ'ing. Perhaps even other devices like drum machine or keyboard or whatever else there is to make unique sounds I can mix into it all.

I have never done this in my life and after taking a course at Scratch DJ Academy, I know I don't fit into their "scratchin" style and want be a house/trance DJ. I love PVD, Satoshi Tomi, Erik Morrillo, Carl Cox, Chris Liebing, etc. and want to make music like that. I also need to build up my CD library and find great sources of mixes/songs to burn cheap as money is tight right now, at least for another month.

Sounds like you really wanna get in to things...But you really have to take it one step @ a Time cause it's a long process (But you do have to start somwhere) first step i think you should take is to figure out if you wanna DJ or produce... I would not advice you to try to learn both @ the same time , IMO you should DJ first.... Think about it...then send me a PM and we'll take it from there

also google "dj tips and tricks" or "dj mixing" or anything related to that. You will find a ton of stuff to read about. But hands on and fucking with the shit yourself is the best way. One tip ill give you which my mentor gave me back in the day. That is to not be afriad of the decks step up there and beat that shit like a pussy!!! Good luck.

FUCK THAT

"google for tricks"

man, what happened to just...teach yourself.

Everyone wants to be a dj..and everyone is in a hurry to become "the man".

Why not just keep fucking around..until it clicks..then you will turn around and say..ohh shittt..

and then u keep building from there...

What used to make djs special, is how they all had their own styles..

now , someone learns to beatmatch from one song to another..and BOOM..they are looking for gigs at clubs..

take it slow..

do your thing...do it yourself...and let it all fall into place.

THE DJ CULTURE IS DEAD..AND HAS BEEN.

ITS A TREND.

No more cliffs from easytouch,

no more chilling outside a record store all day long.

no more spending hours in a basement listening to records with freinds,

or spending hours at a store, just being a part of the culture for the enjoyment of it.

now ..its all about the image.

now....i buy some gear..

i download the "hottest tracks"

i google ABOUT the culture...

and BOOM..im ready to call myself a dj.

Cause being a dj IS KOOL!

FUCK THAT

"google for tricks"

man, what happened to just...teach yourself.

Everyone wants to be a dj..and everyone is in a hurry to become "the man".

Why not just keep fucking around..until it clicks..then you will turn around and say..ohh shittt..

and then u keep building from there...

What used to make djs special, is how they all had their own styles..

now , someone learns to beatmatch from one song to another..and BOOM..they are looking for gigs at clubs..

take it slow..

do your thing...do it yourself...and let it all fall into place.

like i said dude, try the google. You can pick up shit from there and add your style for flavoring, then bam!!!! Your getting booked at the hottest clubs and getting your dick sucked by the finest lips

THE DJ CULTURE IS DEAD..AND HAS BEEN.

ITS A TREND.

No more cliffs from easytouch,

no more chilling outside a record store all day long.

no more spending hours in a basement listening to records with freinds,

or spending hours at a store, just being a part of the culture for the enjoyment of it.

now ..its all about the image.

now....i buy some gear..

i download the "hottest tracks"

i google ABOUT the culture...

and BOOM..im ready to call myself a dj.

Cause being a dj IS KOOL!

well that is true to. But let the new jacks have there crack at it

well that is true to. But let the new jacks have there crack at it

of course they should.

but i feel like...its VERY different now.

instead of living the culture and just loving it.

they love to READ about it...and then talk the talk (from basically repeating what they hear)...as apose to LIVING IT..and then opening their mouths at the appropriate times..

but nope, even if the conversation doesnt call for it...

someone will butt in to try to show.."their knowledge" , and to prove..hey..IM A DJ MAN!

i also gotta love the bios they write up.

a bedroom dj pays for a site to look legit..

and then strokes his own ego..with the whole "a force not to be denied in the house scene of "enter location here". This child prodigy has always had a love for music..blah blah.

oh well.. thats what happened..i guess no use bitching about it.

but its frustrating....especially when this has forced all the real people who have beena round (for over a decade), but arent "super known" to just go back into the cracks, because its better to lay low and enjoy your passion, as apose to get mixed up with the newbs who are 2 months into the game and ready to convince everyone that they are the shit.

thats why nobody actually cares about new talent anymore...because 1 out of 20 are legit..and by the time you get to that 1...youd rather just ignore them all..and go back to bitching about "how shit isnt the same anymore" <like i am doing>

ohh ohh

and how can anyone NOT LOVE THE:

TRACKS subpages on these web pages.

"coming soon.

alot of these cats havent taken the time to even learn the basic structure of music development and its science (cause its NOTHING compared to what most these guys think)....BUT..they are ready to put "TRACKS" on their home page...with COMING SOON.

once again why?

FOR THE IMAGE.

they cant wait 2-3 years to actually spend HOURS and DAYS in front of a computer with their head in the books learning about production...NO

they would rather talk the talk.

I am a creative person with a degree in Architecture and have been working in the corporate environment longer than I care to remember.

I love music and I love the feeling of being an artist and having my art move people.

I love travelling and I love dancing and the whole club environment and eventually want to have my own place in Europe, preferably Ibiza, Berlin and London in that order. I may even move to the Liguria, Italy or Marbella, Spain with my GF in a year or 2.

It's not for the girls, not for the image. It's what I want to do because it is what I love and would love to spend the rest of my life making music and/or creating the environment for people to have a wonderful time.

My Uncle who I had a great deal of respect for once told me "do what you love and the money will follow". I haven't done it yet, I will soon