Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Just because some people lose the focus of house music

In the beginning there was Jack, And Jack had a groove, And from this groove Came the groove of all grooves.

And while one day viciously throwing down in his box. Jack boldly declared, 'Let there be house', And House music was born.

'I am, you see, I am the Creator, And this is my House, And in my House there is only House music.

But I am not so selfish, Because once you've entered my House, It then becomes our House and our House music.'

And you see, No one then owns House, Because House music is a universal language, Spoken and understood overall.

You see, House is a feeling, That no one can understand really, Unless he's deep into the vibe of House.

House is an uncontrollable desire, To jack your body, And as I told you before, This is our House and our House music.

And in every House, you'll understand, There is a keeper, And in this House the keeper is Jack.

Some of you might wonder, Who is Jack and what is it that Jack does. Jack is the one, Who gives you the power to jack your body. Jack is the one, Who gives you the power to do the snake. Jack is the one, Who gives you the key to the whiggly world. Jack is the one, Who learns you how to rock your body. Jack is the one, That can bring nations and nations of all jackers together under one House.

You may be black, You may be white, You may be Jew or gentile, It don't make a difference in our House.

And this is fresh!

(Larry Heard & Chuck Roberts, Chicago 1988)

and you were what, 6 when that song came out?

Age has nothing to do with it i was 8 at that time this song came out and i remember hearing the 1986 song "CAN YOU FEEL IT" by LARRY HEARD given new life when the jack accapella was thrown over that track and it was quite cool at the time i first heard it in 1989(the yr i dsicovered house). I remember being teased in elementary school (i was from the projects) that i was hearing this white music by some of the kids but much like other ignorant people who dont know HOUSE MUSIC was created by gays,blacks, latinos.

Age has nothing to do with it i was 8 at that time this song came out and i remember hearing the 1986 song "CAN YOU FEEL IT" by LARRY HEARD given new life when the jack accapella was thrown over that track and it was quite cool at the time i first heard it in 1989(the yr i dsicovered house). I remember being teased in elementary school (i was from the projects) that i was hearing this white music by some of the kids but much like other ignorant people who dont know HOUSE MUSIC was created by gays,blacks, latinos.

lol i kinda get the same shit as well. some friends say " you've changed, always listening to that white people music." but thats because people dont open themselves up to change.

LOL. Age 11 and this is when u dedicate ureself to a life of HOUSE MUSIC. Most 11 yr old would have played video games and shit, not wondered when Larry Levan was making a new 12".

It may have come out in 88, but I heard it at least twice this year. Rob I'm thinken about goin back to spirit for the first time in a MINUTE this friday, for Above And Beyond. You interested, lemme know.

Keough

Keo sound good, but it would have to be an early night for me. i work the next morning at like 9

im tired of that song already

Whcih song THE JACK accapella, maybe to many people have dropped it over tracks with no meaing or feeling. Try hearing it on the CAN YOU FEEL IT by LARRY HEARD song and imagine being at a party at 7am with 100s(sadly it should be more and at some parties it is) of music fans just like yourself who live and breathe this music(if thats what you are) and knowing that all the 1000s of people have left the club cause the music is not what they came to the club for in the first place, and tehn the song dropps and everyone smioles some people cry some peple go to the floor some people jump around and screa, some people are holdiong hands, hmm wait a sec maybe that doesnt happen at some of the parties youve been too.

you dont know the parties i go to, as far as dropping the accapella over tracks that have no "meaning or feeling" any song can have meaning or feeling , dont be so quick to jump on me just because im tired of hearing that track....It's a classic track that is to this day constantly played and beat to death

you dont know the parties i go to, as far as dropping the accapella over tracks that have no "meaning or feeling" any song can have meaning or feeling , dont be so quick to jump on me just because im tired of hearing that track....It's a classic track that is to this day constantly played and beat to death

I know i dont know what parties you go to, now as for the "track" which track do you mean in general the can you feel it one or just the accepalla of JACK?