Clubplanet Nightlife Community

gypsy tea sun morning afterhours...

if you believe that people are not doing drugs at Shelter, you are fooling yourself. And um...two years ago Timmy left for awhile for rehab as well.... The music isn't the only reason those househeads are able to stay for that many hours...

Every yr timmy leaves for the first few months as a break i remember those rumors of rehab, maybe true maybe not. And i said MANGLED MESSES, not drug free party. And i dont get asked every 5 mins for some coke or k or tina at shelter like at every other afterhrs party. From the yrs ive been goin to the people i know drugs really arent that big of that party as much as you may think. Yes thiers weed and im sure theres people who do thier thing here and there but not as crazy or numberous as the other after hrs.

But it was started from the gay people here too. And when I say "it was started" think on club owners/promoters/dj's level. I am not saying that the parties were gay.

I personally prefer str8/mixed crowd, and go to clubs for the music. And like it deep and very underground.

It's just a fact that on afterhours the crowd is usually mostly guys. There is nothing weird about that!

Peace

Well the first dj that i know of doing after hrs in nyc was DAVID MACUSO in 1968 at THE LOFT. 35yrs later hes still doin it but its not after hrs anymore and its not weekly either and he gave up mixing in the 80s. All the club goers and djs from the late 60s,70s would go to the loft at around 3am 4am and stay until the afternoon. But i hear what your saying, im just a nut when it comes to history thats all.

Yes its true. But David Macuso is gay and as far as I know from history the crowd at the loft was mostly gay as well.

I never said it was straight lol. Its a shame that some people dont even know that gay blacks,white and latinos started this culture and industry. Looka t the most influential club of all time ,imo and many others, THE PARADISE GARAGE 1977-1987 10yrs on fri night and sat nights, was for all practical reasons a gay club and only after a few yrs was fri ngiht made more for straight people.

And if peopel dont know what djs were inspired from LARRY LEVAN at the garage well heres a short list: DANNY TENAGLIA, JUNIOR VASQUEZ, PAUL OAKENFOLD, ROGER SANCHEZ, DAIVD MORALES, LOUIE VEGA, FRANCOIS K, JOE CLAUSSELL,ETC

gypsy tea is hot....the dungeon like look downstairs is pretty grimey....place always looks packed...as far as the girl situation goes...bringggg your own there dont expect to meet to many stellar females at an afterhours spot

Very cool, I didn't know that.

I was told it is a gay bar and they even have a guy on their logo which is removed on Rob's flyers.

I personally don't like it with the guy on it, It was cool you got rid of it, although I am not a big fan of the mess flyers)

I heard it was really good last saturday morning.

Will def check it out tomorrow.

I mean even if it did have the guy on it, of course we would remove it, we are not targeting one audience, espcially since I throw mostly str8 parties, but of course we want ALL types to come, and thats what we had, a perfect mix,

hope you get a chance to check it out one morning....

and the flyers are just meant to be fun.....they get the point across IMO...lol

FOR THE RECORD A DON"t consider 4-6am afterhours........ I bet crobar has girls at 7-8 am in the morning, so they r willing to stay out late... i'm just going to crobar now apparently they stay open til 8-9 am anyway, which is all i need..........