Clubplanet Nightlife Community

review: club heaven (4 strings, this past friday)

weyes

i'm not putting this on the club reviews thread 'cause i'm not sure that this is how the club is every week. it was bizarro :shaky: .

my roomie and i went to see cuter-in-the-dark (and just this one picture!) dutch 4 strings:

737187_356x237.jpg

at heaven at arena last friday and it was really something else.

we used to go to arena back when it was red; i hadn't been there since. it was really nice to see that the venue hadn't been remodeled; that can be sad.

we were kind of expecting the 50-something fubar asian crowd, but were pleasantly shocked to find the most diverse crowd we'd seen in years, perhaps. every race was represented; that's something we rarely see in our scene, especially at a trance night. and the jacked-up throw-each-other-back-and-forthers weren't in attendance.

the crowd was downright silly. there was a girl in a floor-length dress with a tiara and a guy with a crown and a cloak, and they weren't even together. people were dancing all crazy and laughing and just didn't care how they looked to others. and the whole carefree vibe spread to create a sort of children's birthday party feel. my roommate, who hardly ever dances, was waving his arms and doing drunk figure-eights that he would be too embarrassed to do in any other club. it was just all about doing whatever came to mind and heart. there were enough people on the dancefloor to make it a good party but there was the perfect room to dance.

the music was getting dull towards the end, but we stayed till 3. the drive home seemed to go by pretty fast despite a freeway detour, and our evening ended in the living room, eating the spoils from a stop at del taco. overall, we had a great time. when we don't know what to expect, having fun is even more fun :D .