Clubplanet Nightlife Community

j matthews + Nicmatic @ bump this Sunday

randydeshaies

bump_may06.jpg

-- Sunday, May 14th, 2006 --

j matthews

(beatopia, Midnight Click) Minneapolis / Boston

Hailing from Minneapolis, j matthews started DJing in the late 90s during an exciting and novel period in the Midwest house scene. Surrounded by the sounds of Gene Farris, Donald Glaude and Derrick Carter early on molded his style to reflect a unique Chicago and Midwest flavor. Influences through radio station REV 105s Radio Depth Probe and the collaboration of local house DJs impacted j matthews ambition to DJ and his recognition of how rich and diverse house music can be.

"Growing up with a family that loves music has always helped me to be a DJ. I have had great influences in my life and I am fortunate for this. Watching and playing in the Midwest has also taught me a lot about the music and how rich and diverse it is. I am fortunate to have the opportunity to have dance music in my life and will never take it for granted."

Moving to Boston in 2003 has given j matthews the ability to enhance his style by incorporating some East Coast influences. j matthews continuing to play out and has been seen at various spots in Boston including several appearances at Bump at the Phoenix Landing in Cambridge, MA.

You can learn more about j matthews, hear promo cds, and send him messages at: www.dj-jmatthews.com.

Nicmatic

(LaGalleria, www.deepboston.com) Boston

Nickmatic has been mixing music since 1998 but has recently been making a name for himself in the local house music scene. His background as a musician as well as his interest in studio and pro sound echnology lead to a natural aptitude for mixing. After amassing an enormous collection of music and hearing gigs while traveling to places like Argentina, Brazil, Berlin, Greece, and Thailand, Nickmatic started producing very successful mixed compilations and soon found himself invited to play live at parties and gigs around Boston and Cambridge.

Since forming the DeepBoston collective last year, Nickmatic has found himself playing regularly in Boston, leading to connections with some of Boston's best DJs, producers, and musicians. Inspiration from these great people has cultivated a true love for spinning house music and a constant drive to bring the best vibe possible to the dance floor. With some big upcoming appearances around Boston and invitations to play around the US and abroad in Europe and Latin America, Nickmatic is truly keeping it funky!

upcoming events

----------------------------------------------

j matthews (beatopia, Midnight Click) Minneapolis/Boston

NICKMATIC (LaGalleria, www.deepboston.com) Boston

IAN POOLEY (NRK, Buzzin Fly, Force Inc.) Germany

SERGIO SANTOS (Marz Entertainment, bump)

Memorial Day Weekend - Open til 2AM!

HALO (city deep, large, Undefeated) San Diego

RANDY DESHAIES (Marz Entertainment, bump)

GEORGE NESSIS (bananzamusic.com, bump) Germany

SERGIO SANTOS (Marz Entertainment, bump)

JASON HODGES (Aroma, Oomph, OM) Toronto

ROLLAND ESS (Double Down Prod, Marz, bump)

SOULCLAP (Next Generation Productions) Boston

RYAN OBERMILLER (Red Door, Marz, bump) NH

SWAG (Version, Jus' Trax, www.swag-uk.net) UK

SOUNDSYSTER (Ultrasound Productions) Halifax CANADA

more to come...

bump

underground house music

sunday nites at phoenix landing

512 mass ave, central sq, cambridge

www.marzentertainment.com