Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sexy Lucy | Shane Fontane | Rolling Stone Magazine

Hey Everyone,

Just dropping by to share some news with all of ya. I have received my first national press mention! Below you will find an excerpt taken from a wonderful 6 page spread in Rolling Stone on a band called Sexy Lucy that I am working with.

You can learn more about Sexy Lucy by visiting their web site - www.thesexylucy.com

You can hear the upcoming remix "10am" on myspace:

www.myspace.com/shanefontane

Rolling Stone Magazine May 2006

[Latin America Edition]

"The Bogota band Sexy Lucy has a secret. A secret which is in it's name: none of its six members - Juan Pablo, Carlos, Paula, Eva, Jorge and Guguillo- wants it to be revealed, in spite of my insistence. Nevertheless - and I do not know if it is a coincidence, but it seems to me that it is a very appropriate name for them, that defines them well. By its sound, by its style and the personality of its musicians, I believe that Sexy Lucy is first of all that: an attractive band. Now, the part of Lucy continues being a mystery, that someday will perhaps reveal to us."

++ Further in the article > > >

"But they don't stop (talking about Sexy Lucy). Right now the are producing a new version of "NOT FOR YOU" and they are doing it with Chris, who has produced many songs for the B52´s and Felix da HouseCat. Also on the way is a CD of remixes of their first album, in which appear artists such as VHS or BETA, Fake Fur, Shane Fontane, Stereo Friends and their close friends Telepopmusik. Finally, during the first week of August Sexy Lucy will be introducing these two works at the LAMC in New York."