Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who was spinning at Twilo, Sat.?

far as i know junior wasn't there and it was quivver and fortier all night

-Rob

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

Ok...the bitch at Twilo lied to me. After hearing the rumor on the baord, I called up to confirm if Junior will be spinning. She said, "absolutely...he won't be spinning next Saturday". That was after 10p.m. Saturday night. When I got to Twilo it was dead and I knew Junior wasn't going to show. I asked the bartender just to make sure and he told me that he called in the morning saying he couldn't make it...some sort of a personal matter he had to deal with. Even if they know Junior won't be spinning, they try to keep it under the wraps. The place was DEAD and most of the regulars didn't show up! They had a local DJ fill in for Junior. I forgot his name...no special talent. He sounded like a DJ out of Exit...very commercial music. It was really funny when he started playing some Junior mixes. That cracked me up...Oh well...hoping to have a kick ass time for <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/newyearseve/">New Years</a> !!

------------------

eye.gif

MarioNY.com

AOL:ZOMBLA

Mario-

Kinda strange that they said Junior would be spinning...the website/for the last month/had junior listed every weekend except last and next....

Too bad...The place looks like a school gym gone wrong when it's a dead night...Did they even have a lighting guy there for afterhours??

------------------

'I can't imagine how my life would be without music-cause music is life'

No...Junior was listed to spin as usual last Saturday the 23rd. Check the website or the magazine. The only date he wasn't spinning was the 30th beacause of the marathon run for NYE. That night I just happened to read a few posts about Junior not showing up. I didn't want to go to Twilo at 5am to listen to some DJ "Waxman" spin. So at around 10p.m. I called up my friend who is also a big Junior fan and he told me he heard that someone in his family wasn't feeling well. He wasn't sure if Junior was going to make it or not and told me to call Twilo just to make sure. I called right after and spoke to some lady and she told me that he will be spinning. However according to a bartender in Twilo that night, they knew from early on that he wouldn't be able to make it. They wanted to keep it as much of a secret as possible in order to attract a crowd. Most people that did show up left early like myself.

------------------

eye.gif

MarioNY.com

AOL:ZOMBLA