Clubplanet Nightlife Community

weyes' wisdom of the day - 5/25/06

weyes

one shouldn't feel obligated to go to any social event to which one does not want to go, within reason. this, of course, excludes certain important gatherings such as one's child's wedding, etc. [and come on, all, you know what i mean.]

but if one feels awkward or fearful about seeing potential fellow partygoers or if one does not want to travel far, etc., one can always make it up to the host by arranging another date together. besides, it's much more intimate to go out to a lunch with someone and really catch up than it is to go to a big party and get lost in the crowd.

tune in tomorrow.

anybody get this eirie feeling that sometimes peole invite you to their wedding just 'cos they want free shit for their house?

i mean, if its a good friend, yeah, go. but sometimes its like people who just partied with a couple of times and all of a sudden they invite you to their wedding . . .what the hell? do they really want another blender that much? 'cos thats what i'm getting them . . .

anybody get this eirie feeling that sometimes peole invite you to their wedding just 'cos they want free shit for their house?

i mean, if its a good friend, yeah, go. but sometimes its like people who just partied with a couple of times and all of a sudden they invite you to their wedding . . .what the hell? do they really want another blender that much? 'cos thats what i'm getting them . . .

i think that's tacky, too, 'cause it just makes the occasion less special :no: .

you should give them a really crappy present, though, only to make them feel guilty about inviting you just to get one, 'cause they know that's what they did :nono: .