Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bartending school info????

hey does anyone know anything about bartending school??like prices and wheres the best place and what about jobs anyone know of any good ones in the city or anywhere???

------------------

Ravers don't fall...they trip and roll! hehe;)

Kandygirl guestlist for Exit for reduced admission pm me:)

dont go .... thats what i know ...

they are pretty expensive my friend just told me teh other day she joined on and it costed her over $200 ... they suck they teach u retarded shity and old fashion shit ... their job placement blows .. they send u to like catering halls and crap .. if you are totally inept , then go otherwise save your money ... i was a bartender from the ages 19-23 and never took a lesson .. the best place to learn is at a bar ... as for getting a job ... most places will hire you as long as u are good looking , personality .. or some gimmick i heard zachery's out on LI was hiring ·( cuz that where the girl i know that going to teh school is going to work ). but a lot of times place are always looking for new people ... a lot of places dont give a fuck if u can pour a beer or not as long as u have 20-30 friends that will come visit you .... try college bars and clubby places ... restaurants ... and never give an application to another bartender ... always give it to a manager ... the bartenders dont want to lose shifts and a lot of them will throw it out and nevre give it to teh manager ... good luck !

joey

------------------

header_mockup_r1_c3.gif

thanks u seem to know what u r talking about..see i really need the xtra dough and i want to do this b/c its my scene and i know i could...but i really have no idea wiht what im doing other than the few common drinks u know...i know the school is like 250 but i need some training

------------------

Originally posted by xtckitkat:

thanks u seem to know what u r talking about..see i really need the xtra dough and i want to do this b/c its my scene and i know i could...but i really have no idea wiht what im doing other than the few common drinks u know...i know the school is like 250 but i need some training

dont worry it so fucking easy if u want e-mail me at joe@digitalnoise.com and i'll answer any questions u migth have ....

but most drinks are so easy .. a lot of pouring beers and vodka and cranberry ... u'll get few fancy drinks . but u'll get to know those ... u can keep a book or a rolodex behind teh bar if u forget a drink ... the only training you will need to gettin comfortable behind the bar and you cant get that in the school ... maybe what u should do is check out some college bars locals neighborhood bars , that run guest bartending nights ... where u coming in for one nigth and tell all your friend to come .. if u bring a decent amount of people down they'll let u do it every once in a while ... and u'll be making drinks ike a pro in no time .,.. if u need some suggustions on bars mail me and i'll see what i can come up with ... maybe i'll even come out and supposrt you .. =)

------------------

header_mockup_r1_c3.gif

im in college right now but i want to stay away from the bars there! yeh i seen one girl at them, she was my age, and she told me that alcohol inmy drink was gonna cost me an extra dollar! LMFAO! she had no idea what she was doin! but she didnt get any tips either though. yeh the only thing id be worried about is getting used to where all the alcohol is at the bar so i guess id just need to train behind the bar but i dont want to look like an ass! lol

------------------

Originally posted by xtckitkat:

im in college right now but i want to stay away from the bars there! yeh i seen one girl at them, she was my age, and she told me that alcohol inmy drink was gonna cost me an extra dollar! LMFAO! she had no idea what she was doin! but she didnt get any tips either though. yeh the only thing id be worried about is getting used to where all the alcohol is at the bar so i guess id just need to train behind the bar but i dont want to look like an ass! lol

dont sweat it babe ... and believe me girls will almost always make money behind a bar ... believe as a bartender and as a guy who throws money at any girl he sees behind a bar .. forget it u start flirtin .... PAY DIRT ! let me know if ur gonna go try .. what school do u goto ..? where in queens ? manhattan ?

------------------

header_mockup_r1_c3.gif

sounds like you've got good advice. I agree, definitely don't go to school. I have friends who've bartended before and no one ever comes from one of those stupid schools.

Just find a couple of places you want to work at and go talk to the manager. Be spunky and you're in!

good luck

~TJ~

DO NOT waste your money on bartending school. I was going to do that once and I was out one night at a bar in Hoboken, telling the bartender my plans. He said not to waste my money and he'd hire me on the spot and teach me everything I'd need to know. He also said he wouldn't pick one person over another just b/c they'd gone to bartending school....i think you'd just be wasting your money!

------------------

jumpdei.gif Boink like a bunny!!!

uknj@aol.com

I went to bartending school. DO NOT GO!!!!!!

it is worthless. I paid A LOT of money to do it, and I learned a lot, but nothing I couldnt learn on my own. It was basically a waste. The only good thing that came out of it was Imet one of my best friends there. So in my mind it was worth the money.

-AZ

------------------

And Everything Will Flow....Flow....Flow....

andy.gif

thanks guys so much so it sounds like bartending school is out and i just need to get me the right attitude to hop behind the bar smile.gif just gotta find a bar! hehe

------------------