Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Moment of Silence a great Actor has pasted RIP Jason Robbards

``The theater has kept me alive and it's allowed me to work out my craft.''

JASON ROBARDS died today (December 26, 2000) at Bridgeport Hospital after battling cancer. He was 78.

JASON began his stage career in the 1950s, and became best known through his interpretations of the EUGENE O’NEILL plays and LONG DAY’S JOURNEY INTO NIGHT. He won a Tony Award for his performance in THE DISENCHANTED.

He then made his film debut in 1959 and went on to make more than 50 feature films, but always said that he preferred live theater to the movies. My personal favorite of his was ALL THE PRESIDENT'S MEN

------------------

Failure is not an Option!!

I had no idea he died...thank you for letting us know.

I'll light a candle for him tonight.

-Oo

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image."

---"You have wings! Why don't I have wings?!"

---"Cause you're a boy, silly."

"For the Greeks, the hidden life demanded invisible ink. They wrote an ordinary letter and in between the lines set out to write another letter, written in milk. The document looked innocent enough until one who knew better sprinkled coal-dust over it. What the letter had been no longer mattered: what mattered was the life flaring up undetected..."

Excellent call - I just saw Magnolia a few weeks ago... it was a great movie. He was a great actor all around...

- Meli -

------------------

bubbles_06b.icobubbles_02.icobubbles_07.icobubbles_04.icobubbles_01.ico

"MeliChaCha -- Saving the world before bedtime... wait... I'm supposed to SLEEP?!"

"I've said it before and I'll say it again: Life moves pretty fast -- if you don't stop and look around every once in a while, you might miss it." - The incomparable Ferris Bueller

... and to all my people, "Peace -- and Humpty-ness forever!"

AIM: MeliChaCha

E-MAIL: MeliChaCha@powerpuff.com <--- new addy!

OR MeliChaCha@aol.com