Clubplanet Nightlife Community

14 Year Old Girl Suing MySpace

HAZE

WTF is wrong with these parents? I found out my little sister had a myspace account and deleted it immediately.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/nation/3984459.html

AUSTIN, Texas — A 14-year-old girl who says she was sexually assaulted by another user of MySpace.com sued the social networking Web site Monday, claiming it does not take sufficient steps to protect underage members.

The girl says a 19-year-old man lied in his profile about being a senior on a football team to gain her trust and phone number.

Pete Solis was arrested in May on a charge of sexual assault of a child. He could not immediately be reached Monday evening.

The suit alleges that MySpace has "absolutely no meaningful protections or security measures to protect underage users."

"(MySpace) has got to take this seriously," said attorney Carl Barry, who is representing the girl and her mother. The suit seeks $30 million.

In a statement, MySpace said it is committed to the safety of its members.

"We take aggressive measures to protect our members," said Hemanshu Nigam, chief security officer. "Ultimately, Internet safety is a shared responsibility. We encourage everyone on the Internet to engage in smart Web practices and have open family dialogue about how to apply offline lessons in the online world."

i think it does. they take down all pics and info if you put you age as under 15. i have a feeling this girl deleted all her emails thinking she could get away with this. any investigation will track the messages even if they were deleted. this guy could play the same game, turn around and sue the parents for not keeping a close eye on thier daughter.

i don't know, instead of keeping things from my kids, i will instill trust in them and teach them vaules and self-respect so when a 19 year old is trying to harrass them, they know the world is a strange place, and will know how to handle the sitution.......

tell no one but me and dad

:cuss::gang::biggun::mad3::chainsaw::tank: