Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Th 6/29 - M 7/3: Have questions, need advice re. my itinerary

adrck3

My girlfriend and I are coming to Vegas next week and need suggestions, tips, etc. regarding our itinerary. It’s anal, I know, but since we did all the walking around and seeing stuff last time (which was exhausting), this time we want to just relax during the day and party our ass off at night while still squeezing in as much as we can. We already have all the reservations and tickets for the hotels and shows below. We’ve arranged it so that the activities for a given day/night are in the same general area of the strip for the most part. However, we are open to doing some rearranging or substituting with the daytime activities and clubs if one thing is better than another or better on a certain day than what we have scheduled.

Miscellaneous info that might be helpful:

We are both in our mid-20s, attractive, fit and know how to dress well when we go to a club (hope that doesn’t sound too arrogant :)). She is very into the idea of topless sunbathing so we want to try out all the European-style bathing pools. Our previous trip we did Pure, Rain and Tangerine so we want to try different places. Prior trips were not in summer so we want to just relax and chill by the pools.. Our favorite music to listen and dance to at clubs is hip-hop. We don’t really care much for the house/techno stuff, but if it’s in a club setting it’s not a big deal. Therefore, the fact that a certain DJ may be playing somewhere isn’t important. For daytime activity we primarily just want to lay by the pools and drink, but we are open to suggestions and interested in some massages and spa treatments. We aren’t into gaming (I make some sports bets) and also don’t care about eating at any of the fancy restaurants (we’ll just grab a bite to eat somewhere close when we get hungry).

Thursday

Morning - Check into Mandalay Bay

Afternoon - Mandalay Bay Pool and Moorea Beach Club (I’ve heard this is kind of passe’. Is it worth the money to get in, particularly on a Thursday?)

10:30 - KA at MGM (Should we try to get our tickets switched to the earlier show so we have more time at Tao? We got these tickets when we thought we would be getting there later on Thursday.)

Night - Toa "Worship" Thursdays at The Venetian

Friday

Morning - Check into The Wynn

Afternoon - The Wynn’s European pool

7:30 - Le Reve

Night - Tryst

Late Night - Drai’s (We’ve heard this is a wild after hours place. True?)

Saturday

Morning - Check into Caesar’s Palace

Afternoon - The Venus Pool Club

7:30 - Zumanity at NY, NY

Night - Jet at Mirage

Sunday

Morning - Check into Hard Rock Hotel

Afternoon - Rehab

Night - Body English "Sunday School"

Monday

Morning - Check out and relax by the pool

Late Afternoon - In-N- Out Burger

8:00 p.m. - Flight Back to Houston

Questions:

Topless pools: My girlfriend is well-endowed, petite, fit, blonde and very easy on the eyes. She is not too modest and wants to sunbathe topless and/or in a g-string to avoid those unsightly tan lines. I’m not the jealous type in the least and don’t mind others admiring her beauty, but we’re a little concerned about the leering douchebag factor. Will we have to contend with a bunch of tools staring, repeatedly walking through the area to get a free peek or worse yet, trying to take some quick pics or video? I guess I just want to know what the general scene is around the European-style adults only pools. Will she be one of just a few or are there generally a lot of women laying out topless so it’s no big deal?

Clothes: She already has a sexy outfit picked out for each night, but I want to know what guys generally wear to each of the above clubs. I was thinking of wearing a suit each night, sans tie, or at least slacks and a dress shirt, maybe with a jacket. That way I could just roll in straight from the show. I want to look great but not overdressed. Are nice jeans appropriate at any of these clubs? Also, this is my first trip to Vegas in the summer - will I get too hot wearing a suit?

Getting In: It will be just the two of us on the trip. Based on our info, will we have any trouble getting in the door at any of the clubs, or are there certain windows of time we’d be better off avoiding or trying to get in? Any tips or hookups I will need or can use?

Rehab: We want to get a cabana and were told they start taking reservations one week ahead of time (which I would think is not the case if you have a connection). We got the direct line and the time, so we plan on calling in first thing when they start taking reservations on Sunday. Do you think we stand a chance of getting one this way? Will the fact that we are staying at the Hard Rock that night help? Does anyone have a hookup that could help us out? Also, we were only told that they were $250 for the smaller cabanas, but I saw someone say in another thread that there was a 3 bottle minimum in addition to the reservation fee. Does anyone have any further details on the costs associated with getting a cabana?

Sorry this was so long. Any info, advice or suggestions you can give for additions, subtractions and/or substitutions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

[quote name=adrck3

Clothes: She already has a sexy outfit picked out for each night, but I want to know what guys generally wear to each of the above clubs. I was thinking of wearing a suit each night, sans tie, or at least slacks and a dress shirt, maybe with a jacket. That way I could just roll in straight from the show. I want to look great but not overdressed. Are nice jeans appropriate at any of these clubs? Also, this is my first trip to Vegas in the summer - will I get too hot wearing a suit?