Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Clubbing advice for a couple?

djironic

Most of the advice out there seems to be for group planning. Anyone have any advice for two people (man and woman) trying to make the most of the Vegas nightlife scene?

I would love to get bottle service, and though I'm not against spending money, I get a little crazy around the idea of buying a $500 bottle of vodka (I'm guessing it will be at least that much what with the tips to the doorman, the VIP host, the club host, the waitstaff, the bus staff, the bathroom attendant, some guy out front who knows somebody...) when we won't even come close to finishing it (I'm sure I could do my part, but I just know my wife won't come through for the rest... ;-) ). And as much as I'd love to big pimp it and give away free drinks all night, I'm just not that cool. And, of course, I've read that a lot of the clubs have a two bottle minimum, so we're right out on that. Do the clubs make any concessions for couples looking to party but without an entourage?

Also, tipping $50-$100 to get in sounds a bit extreme for just two people, unless Vegas has the best DJs ever or everyone is having sex in the VIP room or the drugs are free or...hmmm...anyone happen to know of any places that offer any of the above? ;-) Anyway, do they lower the price for two?

We'll be in town July 1 - July 4, so any advice is appreciated. Thanks all!

Most of the advice out there seems to be for group planning. Anyone have any advice for two people (man and woman) trying to make the most of the Vegas nightlife scene?

I would love to get bottle service, and though I'm not against spending money, I get a little crazy around the idea of buying a $500 bottle of vodka (I'm guessing it will be at least that much what with the tips to the doorman, the VIP host, the club host, the waitstaff, the bus staff, the bathroom attendant, some guy out front who knows somebody...) when we won't even come close to finishing it (I'm sure I could do my part, but I just know my wife won't come through for the rest... ;-) ). And as much as I'd love to big pimp it and give away free drinks all night, I'm just not that cool. And, of course, I've read that a lot of these places have a two bottle minimum, so we're right out on that.

Also, tipping $50-$100 to get in sounds a bit extreme for just two people, unless Vegas has the best DJs ever or everyone is having sex in the VIP room or the drugs are free or...hmmm...anyone happen to know of any places that offer any of the above? ;-)

We'll be in town July 1 - July 4, so any advice is appreciated. Thanks all!

Good questions. Part of my team and/or myself will be in town that weekend also and have similar positions as you. Considering, Im use to going to places that take care of me with free drinks all night, or at best, well priced or well poured drinks, I dont personally levitate to bottle service myself. Nor do I enjoy sitting much while I partying.

Best advice for couples:

1. Afternoon Pools.

A lot of pools, even the lesser ones which I like, have super uber cool bartenders that if you strike up a great conversation you can comp drinks here and there and take in the shade. Really makes your afternoon.

2. Preparty

Do a lotta prepartying at spots that have super reasonable drinks. These tend to be your hotel patio bars or kiosks. One suggestion - stay away from creamed drinks or anything with whip cream - if you have a big night of partying, it doesnt settle well you stomach.

3. Food

Some people say do the big dinner. I prefer not to on a night of partying. Part of the excitement is the late night dinning. If for one LOVE drais' food early morning. Taking in food at different spots - like Rainbow - early morning - as many have talked about with the artichoke appetizer - brings you in touch with great peeps.

4. First stop - Mix

Do Mix at dusk. Get there before sundown. Check it out as the sun sets. If you arent hugging with that view at sunset, well, then Dr. Phil needs to stop by. The place is super cool.

5. Partying

No matter what you do - get in and out of spots fast. Dont walk. Cab to the door. Limo is you want. At your club, dont wait in line. Set yourself up with a host. 2 people is not much of an expense and worth it. Set yoursefl up with afterhours. Nights that go smoothly really make a great trip.

6. Room

Please do the "hustle" when you check in since you are a couple. If you dont know how to do it, pm me. Its well worth it.

Thanks much for the reply. Agree about creamed drinks, particularly in Vegas heat - ugh! Of course, if anywhere in Vegas served authentic Bushwackers, I might reconsider...

I like the idea of planning the night, maybe with a limo. Good idea - we don't need a table, we can put our feet up in the limo! Might rather spend the money there...

As far as eating, I do both - big dinner before partying for stamina, early morning dining to soak up the alcohol. Love the suggestions of early hours dining - drais, rainbow b&g, etc. Always key to a good night of partying...

Wish I had your connections in Vegas - I have to admit I'm a little lost, and I don't like it. I'm used to knowing where to go and who to talk to. Oh well...come to Denver and we'll kick ass (Denver actually has gotten more interesting musically recently - some killer DJs are playing here on a regular basis).

Thanks much for the reply. Agree about creamed drinks, particularly in Vegas heat - ugh! Of course, if anywhere in Vegas served authentic Bushwackers, I might reconsider...

I like the idea of planning the night, maybe with a limo. Good idea - we don't need a table, we can put our feet up in the limo! Might rather spend the money there...

As far as eating, I do both - big dinner before partying for stamina, early morning dining to soak up the alcohol. Love the suggestions of early hours dining - drais, rainbow b&g, etc. Always key to a good night of partying...

Wish I had your connections in Vegas - I have to admit I'm a little lost, and I don't like it. I'm used to knowing where to go and who to talk to. Oh well...come to Denver and we'll kick ass (Denver actually has gotten more interesting musically recently - some killer DJs are playing here on a regular basis).

If you need assistance, hit me back. Also, Vegas is all about - for preparty and daytime - finding those hidden gems. For me, I like to find some diamonds in the ruff (sp) every time for preparty, afterhours eats, and pool jaunts. I like scheduling for my clubs but randomness for everything else.

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing clubbing weekend - will post the scoop soon.

Break up? LOL! I was tempted! But seriously, wouldn't be worth it - clubs too packed/crowded/loud/dark to even hope to pick anyone up, lessen you look mighty like that Brad Pitt fellow...