Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New interview with Techno legend Lenny Dee

/bow

not sure many here will aprreciate as they seem to forget some of the real pioneers of the nyc edm scene. Lenny,frankie,adam,scott,danny,micro and josh. All godfathers of the east coast scene. At least to me.

yup and Djs like Tommy Tunes, Gonzo, and Dever who are partly responsible for bringing the first sounds of trance to nyc. Djs like Johnathon Peters were djing in back rooms while these guys were rocking main dance floors.

I was actually going to comment on this thread before. I doubt half the people around here actually know who lenny is.

/bow

not sure many here will aprreciate as they seem to forget some of the real pioneers of the nyc edm scene. Lenny,frankie,adam,scott,danny,micro and josh. All godfathers of the east coast scene. At least to me.

aND DONT FORGET THE PEOPLE WHO CAME WAY BEFORE THEM AS WELL HEHE/.

aND DONT FORGET THE PEOPLE WHO CAME WAY BEFORE THEM AS WELL HEHE/.

lenny, frankie, etc were the first ones ever bringing this new sound to nyc.they have no connections to the nyv house scene and owe nothing to them.they were pioneers, bringing a sound and experience to New Yorkers that they had never seen or heard before

lenny, frankie, etc were the first ones ever bringing this new sound to nyc.they have no connections to the nyv house scene and owe nothing to them.they were pioneers, bringing a sound and experience to New Yorkers that they had never seen or heard before

well said.................I think this thread is officially over

What im saying is lenny dee was 17yrs old in 1984 correct?

Now he was one of the first new yorkers pushing that sound coming out of detroit called techno mixed with his own style of music playing. Now the techno he was pushing at FIRST came from detroit courtesy of juan atkins,derrick may, kevin saunderson who all were influence among places chicago with Rony Hardy and the music box.

Now when lenny teamed up with frankie bones did the europe tour they were seeing the raves that were being fueld by ACID HOUSE which was alot of the chic house music that was made in the mid to late 80s as well as newer stuff that was being made from there. Frankie was from new york and talks about larry levan in the maestro dvd. And whoever said frankie has nothing to do with the ny house scene is a bit wrong did you forget his meeting with tommy musto? And he is from nyc you know.

• 2 weeks later...