Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Junior Vasquez @ Twilo July 29!

aj2234

Will the A/C be present? It was hotter than hell in there saturday night :drool:

Oh nonsense. That was just a coincidence. And the last time a club had a good party and competed with Space, their A/C wasn't working either. But that was also purely coincidental. :D

How was the club setup?how was the system?how was the staff?thnax in advance.

setup is all fucked up...the system is all fucked up....the staff is basicly a bunch of weightlifters at the door and some cocksucking whores at the bar...very different than other clubs as you can see

have fun!

:party:

setup is all fucked up...the system is all fucked up....the staff is basicly a bunch of weightlifters at the door and some cocksucking whores at the bar...very different than other clubs as you can see

have fun!

:party:

sure i'll take your word for it lol.

Here's the flyer for the event :type:

btw, i hate that letting that Twilo used for their flyers/front of the door.. ughhh I wish they would have kept it plain, block letters like in NY..

but thats just my opinion of course - and it won't stop me from attending the club :laugh:

How was the club setup?how was the system?how was the staff?thnax in advance.

Entrance is on the side - there's a patio area right next to it... then you go upstairs to the loungey area... then into the main dance room... its pretty big but the flow of traffic is kinda clustered there.. probably cuz its a new club... bars are on each side... the bartenders to the right (when looking at the dj booth) were awesome.. made great drinks... the staff was most helpful.. i had zero problems...

i give it two :aright: :aright:

:type:

Several reviews from Junior Vasquez's Sound Check party and Lola, Junior will be back at Twilo Miami on 8/19/2006, Saturday for his Junior Vasquez's Miami birthday party Part 1.

Well--I had gotten there late, so wanted someone else to give more of a fair review as far as the whole evening went. I arrived at 2-2:30 (making sure to record the 2nd hour of Jr's World). The AC was working and they did install a disco ball. I saw alot of faces from the Twilo/Roxy/Earth days from my 3 year stint in NY and all the usual suspects from Miami.

The sound system + Junior was incredible as expected. He really worked it with some great selections--many I recognized from Jr's World. Some of the tracks that stuck out for me:

Soulground "We Play House"

Land of Voodoo "Bodyshaker"

Celeda "Be Yourself" mashup with that hot progressive song (Jr's World)

Offer Nissim "Perfect Love"

Copyright "He Is"

Loleatta Holloway "Love Sensation 06"

JV "Be Quiet"

? "Motherfucker"

? "That's It"

TRL "U Gotta Love"

Escape "Wer*ship"

C&C Music "Deeper Love"

Sphinx "What Hope" dub overlayed over a progressive song which didn't

sound quite right---maybe that was the point.

Ellis D "Party Express" & "Y'all Had Enuff Yet"

John Creamer "Captivating"

I left around 7:30-8ish.

Overall I had alot of fun. The space is great if I can get over the comparison to the original. There really is no comparison (except for the name & trademark sound). It's a whole new space with a whole new vibe. Miami was in need of a great place like this- Maybe Twilo will be the thing that brings some excitement back!

Recovery time indeed!

Made it back last night. Had an excellent time. I didn't know what to expect of the Twilo, based on the (mostly) negative comments about the space prior. Well, I was blown away. Beautiful club, well run, friendly. The a/c was actually TOO cold for the first few hours. Gorgeous wooden dance floor, and the FAB disco ball was indeed there. The two walls of lights that divide the bars on either side from the dance floor are incredible. And they are are not solid, so you can still see the dance floor while at the bars. The lights in general were pretty amazing. Nice big dj booth right on the dance floor.

Very clean bathrooms, well attended, and a fan to keep the air circulating.

There is a lounge area off the main dancefloor, but it only has partial views.

Lot's of people constantly picking up glasses, cups, etc. Kept very clean.

Smoking area is out in the parking lot, with a Redbull Bar set up and small tables.

The sound system is indeed amazing. I was blown away. So crisp and clear. It did seem like Junior was still trying to get the hang of it and learn how to harness all that power. And a minor caveat, around 3-4, it got too loud, which muddied the sound slightly, imo.

I leave the tracklists to others, but from the moment early in the evening when he played "Shadow of your love" it was on. I love it when Junior plays this song, and it sounded SOOOO good.

I was there from about 11:30 to 5:00 am. Just could not go on after only 4 hours of sleep and an afternoon at the beach! LOL!

I will definitely be going back. Everyone should really hear Junior in this space. They have done a great job with this club.