Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Visiting manhattan, need club advice

Got my plane tickets booked, etc, so I'm officially omw to nyc. I'll be in town from August 8th through the 13th (that's tue night through sat night). Can't wait to get hammered and dance! :cool::hoparound

Obviously I've missed the twilo days. Crobar, of course, is a big one, and I've heard alot of good things about Apt as well. Is Body & Soul still around? I always remembered hearing about that place back when I was still mixing, and I love nice relaxing house music. Also, I'll be going to nyc solo so clubs with friendly crowds that actually like to meet new people, talk, get drunk, etc., would be great!

Thanks guys.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have to admit, it's a little frustrating because the Saturday after I leave Sander Kleinenberg / PVD / Danny Tenaglia will all be pounding the hell out of nyc all weekend long! I was so close, lol.

The events at Cielo are exciting, esp. Serge DeVant and Faarsheed. That should be a pretty good show. Deep See sounds really fun too. I also REALLY wanted to go to Crobar to hear a Phazon soundsystem in action, but I'm not a very big fan of DJ Skribble. I mean, no disrespect to the guy or anything, but all of the "sandstorm/DanceHits! Vol. 4237" stuff... ugh. I'll never get past that.

Anything noteworthy come up for Friday or Sat yet? I saw that BT + Tiesto are headed to the Borgata, but I'd like to stay in Manhattan if at-all possible.

p.s. - body and soul has been long gone...never could ever make it to that one, anyway...was always too pooped after twilo...

that crowd would be the show crowd...body and soul sort of turned into "ass" on sundays...lol.

Actually BODY N SOUL was with DJS DANNY KRIVIT, FRANCOIS K, JOE CLAUSSELL and had nothing to do with the asseteria show crowd at all.

Danny krivit plays once a month at deep sun nights for his 718 sessions, Joe claussell plays at LOVE every 2 weeks on sun nights, and francois k plays every mon at cielo. That crowd can be found at shelter,718sessions, roots, deep space, deep see, alma, melting pot,etc

As for what to do when your hear lucky gave some great suggestions, as for the weekend well theres a party im involove with called STIMULUS>RESPONSE with djs Keith Blackstone, Lola, Urban relief project, and we are at pacha 2 times a month, one in the basement and one in the main room.

On sat the 12th we will be in the main room with dj exacta, last month in the main room we were with wally lopez. Musically expect a cross between mark farina/louie vega/derrick carter/dj vibe type of beats. If interested pm me.

As for the following week yeah danny t over at pacha and tedd patterson over at crobar.

Hope you havea great time hear and have fun.

great suggestions from lucky13 & silverbull...

i am coming a few weeks after this guy, weekend before labor day wknd.

sounds like cielo & crobar are the places to be,

i LOVE to dance, especially love afterhours. any suggestions of something a little more underground for me?

great suggestions from lucky13 & silverbull...

i am coming a few weeks after this guy, weekend before labor day wknd.

sounds like cielo & crobar are the places to be,

i LOVE to dance, especially love afterhours. any suggestions of something a little more underground for me?

CLUB SHELTER is the only true last remaining underground party and longest running now, 15yrs. Sat night 11pm till sun afternoon 12,1pm. Check out Clubshelter - the longest running Underground House Music in NYC for more info.

Also let me know what dates your coming do too and i will see whats around for ya to check out.

Got my plane tickets booked, etc, so I'm officially omw to nyc. I'll be in town from August 8th through the 13th (that's tue night through sat night). Can't wait to get hammered and dance! :cool::hoparound

Obviously I've missed the twilo days. Crobar, of course, is a big one, and I've heard alot of good things about Apt as well. Is Body & Soul still around? I always remembered hearing about that place back when I was still mixing, and I love nice relaxing house music. Also, I'll be going to nyc solo so clubs with friendly crowds that actually like to meet new people, talk, get drunk, etc., would be great!

Thanks guys.

Joey Youngman will be playing at Sullivan Room on Saturday night. Intimate room, underground music, very friendly crowd and perfect for solo partying.

CLUB SHELTER is the only true last remaining underground party and longest running now, 15yrs. Sat night 11pm till sun afternoon 12,1pm. Check out Clubshelter - the longest running Underground House Music in NYC for more info.

Also let me know what dates your coming do too and i will see whats around for ya to check out.

much thanx

just what i was looking for...

i'm coming up sep.1-10 to host an art show in williamsburg.

my plan is to move permanently to nyc around the beginning of november.

house is my first love, but i'd also like to find a venue that plays downbeats/leftfield stuff.

• 4 weeks later...
wow you have been comming up with some really interesting comments lately. You know the only way this will be tolerated around here is if your really good looking.

beauty is in the eye of the beholder...i've been around long enough to be able to bitch now and again...

...........or what boring threads they would be.