Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Looking for NYC Clubs that play House(i think its house)?

tt

Hello I love house music. The kind the riddler always spins on the radio.

Examples:

Armin Van Buren - MYMYMY

Uniting Nations - Out of Touch

Eric Prydz - Call on me

Madonna's newer/recent stuff from confessions on a dance floor especially - Sorry.

Etc...

So is this considered house music? What NYC Clubs play this style of music? I know places that KTU promotes do play this, however they generally have a way to young crowd there(nothing wrong with that, but underage with fake id's is a problem)

So any clubs play this style? I tried Pacha and it didn't really play this style (on a Friday night) more of techno music or house with now lyrics. I enjoy the lyrics in music.

Thanks for the help!

Hello I love house music. The kind the riddler always spins on the radio.

Examples:

Armin Van Buren - MYMYMY

Uniting Nations - Out of Touch

Eric Prydz - Call on me

Madonna's newer/recent stuff from confessions on a dance floor especially - Sorry.

Etc...

So is this considered house music? What NYC Clubs play this style of music? I know places that KTU promotes do play this, however they generally have a way to young crowd there(nothing wrong with that, but underage with fake id's is a problem)

So any clubs play this style? I tried Pacha and it didn't really play this style (on a Friday night) more of techno music or house with now lyrics. I enjoy the lyrics in music.

Thanks for the help!

Just wanted to ad that it sounds like you get most of you tunes from the radio over here in ny and play there cheezy ktu songs they play

but at lest there giving some public support for E.D.M. In new york

Just think some of the most world rebound classical music artists never

used words in there performances at great halls and theaters over hundreds of years. But now we have unbelievable computer audio programs digital sounds and incredible abilaty to create beautiful sounds,melody's,bass lines and the unforgettable energy.

and also check out some trance but drum and bass mite be to much

just keep you mind open and enjoy

I started out lisining to rap in the 90's after hearing sounds of

them beets at some old school so called rave partys my mind was maid

up no more radio im addicted to that electronic dance music

100% WRONG-your "umbrella" is an admission that you guys can't discern differences, nor are you cognizant of the differing histories of each of the genres. Disco & soul were around for DECADES before the term house was applied, so it's impossible to retroactively decide that it now belongs under your arbitrary term..absurd. Try going into a good dance record store with dispirate inventory and see whether your absurd arbitrary classifications hold.

They are all their own forms of music, all of which differ markedly in form and in their histories. They can all be lumped under "dance music", which has nothing to do with what is a specific form called house music.

Instead of so quickly congratulating yourselves on what is ignorance, spend some quality time reading the history of music so that you won't sound so ignorant not to mention arrogant. Some people can figure out that they're not the same thing at all just by listening, but since you can't, get out the books..

These are good points, but i think is one of the reasons why I dumped the other genres (well not really) because of the "snobbish" attitude towards music. EDM probably has the MOST subsets or subgenres or individual genres of any other category. I think most here can tell the basic differences, and I'm sure the experts really know.

Personally, I make my own classifications, lol. And the stuff on KTU, I consider mainstream dance, or NY house/dance music. I too believe in the descriptive forms of house, like Disco House, funky, hard, jazz, etc...

But I try not to be a snob, b/c its all about enjoying the music, whatever its style.

100% WRONG-your "umbrella" is an admission that you guys can't discern differences, nor are you cognizant of the differing histories of each of the genres. Disco & soul were around for DECADES before the term house was applied, so it's impossible to retroactively decide that it now belongs under your arbitrary term..absurd. Try going into a good dance record store with dispirate inventory and see whether your absurd arbitrary classifications hold.

They are all their own forms of music, all of which differ markedly in form and in their histories. They can all be lumped under "dance music", which has nothing to do with what is a specific form called house music.

Instead of so quickly congratulating yourselves on what is ignorance, spend some quality time reading the history of music so that you won't sound so ignorant not to mention arrogant. Some people can figure out that they're not the same thing at all just by listening, but since you can't, get out the books..

Um... DUH!

I know disco and soul have been around for ages, before the "dance"genre blossomed... I know people who have been in the dance music biz since it was disco... In my little "umbrella" I said disco, meaning disco house... not trying to put disco into the same category... but I guess that's my own fault for not being more precise and giving another arogant ass amunition....

I was simply using the term house, since it IS one of the first ways in which we categorize music (whether it be house, dnb, trance, techno, break beats, etc).

Honey, you don't know me... so stop. Seriously. I'm not trying to be a "holier-than-thou" music afficionado, because I'm not. I'm a fan, who over the years has encountered some amazing people who have been in dance since its birth, and others who have nurtured it, as well as those who make it what it is today. I've picked up here and there, and I just know a few things... well, more than just a few...

Don't tell me I need schoolin'. I've had plenty. Trust me on this one... Not tryin to be a bitch, because the people on here who know me, and know that I'm really not. Honest. I just felt the need to shed some light on a subject...

As far as dance music is concerned, I mean, there are a million ways to trace it back to the roots, so lets not even try to go there...

In the end, the most important thing is that it moves you and gets you bustin out on the dance floor..... regardless of what it is, even if its Brooke Hogan's new song.

"Dance, I said, Dance! Dance, I said Dance! Dance, I said Dance! DANCE MOTHERFUCKERS!"