Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Blank & Jones @ Avalon | Friday, August 25th

melee

977197182_l.jpg

977197676_l.jpg

Seven artist albums and 15 hit singles. That says it all. Piet Blank and Jaspa Jones have been hugely important in the history of electronic music. It all started in 1997 with their debut single Sunrise, the first step towards producing their own tracks. Nowadays, one cannot imagine the electronic elite without BLANK & JONES. 13 of their singles made it into the German Top 50, and three into the Top 20. Each and every album hit the Top 50, including two which climbed into the Top 10. They also scored a spectacular triple whammy by occupying the Top Ten album, singles and compilation charts simultaneously with Substance, Desire and The Mix respectively.

BLANK & JONES have teamed up with a number of top international stars in their career to date. The Cure mastermind Robert Smith, Anne Clark, Sarah McLachlan and Claudia Brücken (Propaganda) have been immortalized on BLANK & JONES tracks, giving them a certain credibility way beyond the boundaries of dance music. Further evidence of their versatility can be seen in their contributions to the Café del Mar compilation series and their own chill-out albums, Relax and Relax (Edition 2). Next up, the people behind the Buddha Bar series have also made enquiries..

The release of the A Forest single and the accompanying album Monument in the USA last year also laid the foundations for BLANK & JONES to create a solid fanbase across the Atlantic.

Seven albums, 3 mix albums (The Mix 1-3) and 15 singles later, BLANK & JONES and their longstanding production collegue Andy Kaufhold have chosen this moment to collate their finest material on one release - The Singles. Comprising the best tracks and greatest successes of BLANK & JONES plus two brand new tracks, recorded exclusively for this album. “We felt the time had come to put all our singles together on one CD, “ Piet and Jaspa explain. “We prefer to see it as one step along the way, rather than a mere retrospective. A litlle breather before we move on to pastures new.“

Over 20 tracks were in the reckoning for The Singles collection, most of them penned by BLANK & JONES themselves. From the first single Sunrise via chart smashes such as Desire, DJ Culture and Beyond Time all the way to entrancing collaborations with the like of Elles DeGraaf on Mind Of The Wonderful, Claudia Brücken on Unknown Treasure and Steve Kilbey (The Church) on Revealed, the album is packed with original material. One of the few covers is, of course, A Forest with Robert Smith of The Cure on vocals.

BLANK & JONES have taken the utmost care in getting the sound right. Tracks have been remastered but not remixed. “Our aim was to retain the flair of each original track“ Piet and Jaspa elucidate. “We wanted them to sound just as they did when we made them, but clearer, in the same way as one restores a painting. You don’t paint it from scratch, you just bring out the colours again.“ Such loving attention to detail is typical of BLANK & JONES, making them the artists they are today, ready and able to see the bigger picture.

For guestlist contact: groundcontrolgirls@yahoo.com

Additional Info: http://www.avalonboston.com

do you HAVE to purchase tickets in advance to get in?

and btw are they only playing techno music?

Blanks and Jones will not play one second of techno this Friday. This is a solemn promise, I will pay for your advance only ticket if they do.

Coolkid, you don't seem like a very coolkid. Are you sure you logged in right?

Blanks and Jones will not play one second of techno this Friday. This is a solemn promise, I will pay for your advance only ticket if they do.

yo boston dirtdogs have bit your costume (paperbag) and trying use cartman instead of u. isnt that copyright infringement?

still havent answered my first question. do we need to buy tickets to get in or can we just show up and go in?

so what kind of music will they be playing? also whats the age?

this board is a ghost town now. all the cool kids lfet for the "other board" that sidekick crap pisssed everyone off

where is my washington? and my pint of stella?

You need to work on your reference. "Thru the desert, up hill both ways"

Then I say you go into your deep rooted hatred for the honkies. And then come full circle and profess your love for jar jar binks.

THE END