Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why do some HouseHeads refuse to.......

House is a Spiritual Feeling!!!!

agree 100%

Nothing beats ... a driving bassline, clever loops, catchy, funny inspirational Lyrics. i think we all can find all these elements that that make us close our eyes and reach for the sky or break into a dance of fancy footworks glides, slides, hops, splits, guido pumps. Whatever YO!.... i have fun weather i'm a PVD DAnnyT Erick morillo COx... it's all about what gets you get going. Saying that one genre is better or is or isn't house really doesn't matter once you get what you are looking for in the music and your basic instinct take over.

LET THE CHILDREN PLAY!!!!!

agree 100%

Nothing beats ... a driving bassline, clever loops, catchy, funny inspirational Lyrics. i think we all can find all these elements that that make us close our eyes and reach for the sky or break into a dance of fancy footworks glides, slides, hops, splits, guido pumps. Whatever YO!.... i have fun weather i'm a PVD DAnnyT Erick morillo COx... it's all about what gets you get going. Saying that one genre is better or is or isn't house really doesn't matter once you get what you are looking for in the music and your basic instinct take over.

very nicely put. You just put a smile on my face sir.

ok then all house music was classical music 300 years ago which wasnt even classical at the time... and even that was just cave men banging sticks on rocks 200 years ago. so that makes all house music caveman music. okay then.

Actually if you were breaking it down like that, techno would be a form of house. House was around long before Techno. But most people i know refer to it generally all as house music. Not just " i like trance" or tribal or anything. just house. I think EDM sounds pretty stupid if you ask me.

ok then all house music was classical music 300 years ago which wasnt even classical at the time... and even that was just cave men banging sticks on rocks 200 years ago. so that makes all house music caveman music. okay then.

Pretty much.

big props to backupqueen on mentioning basic channel, my respect level went up 100%, they played detroit last weekend, and i am pissed i missed it....they are legends

to everyone else

please tell anyone producing or who has produced Techno (the genre, not the mislabeld term for EDM) that their music has no \"soul\"

tell stacey pullen, juan atkins, derrick may, kevin saunderson that their music has no \"soul\"

just because the music touches some of you different than it touches others dont label it or pigeon hole it. Soul does not mean a fat black lady doing vocals on a track that sounds like it was made 20 years ago, soul is a feeling.........

we are all in the same family here people.

big props to backupqueen on mentioning basic channel, my respect level went up 100%, they played detroit last weekend, and i am pissed i missed it....they are legends

to everyone else

please tell anyone producing or who has produced Techno (the genre, not the mislabeld term for EDM) that their music has no \"soul\"

tell stacey pullen, juan atkins, derrick may, kevin saunderson that their music has no \"soul\"

just because the music touches some of you different than it touches others dont label it or pigeon hole it. Soul does not mean a fat black lady doing vocals on a track that sounds like it was made 20 years ago, soul is a feeling.........

we are all in the same family here people.

thanx for your acceptance of me but us jews are always on the outside...

agree 100%

BRAVO!!!

Well someone once told me house is a very primal music and thats what makes you feel it so much. i can agree with that. I love minimal tribal beats.

To each his own, what ever music moves you go with it. but hip hop still sucks LOL

kerbyren1

whats wrong with tribal ??

anyone who wants to hear some good house stop in Earth tonight email me for a list. info@mentalvibe.net

Everything starts with Juan Atkins

Many years ago, back in 1989, a hit called Everything Starts With An \'E\', landmark for a generation, impacted the English rave scene. Almost eight years before, though, a young fellow with a shining Soul and a passion for technology, emerged with new electronic sounds. These English rave kids were wrong. Everything starts with Juan Atkins.

Its the difference between knowing it, and making it.

In 1981, a duo composed by Atkins and Rick 3070 Davis released Alleys Of Your Mind on Deep Space Records as Cybotron. With A Number Of Names Sharevari, it was the beginning of a whole new perspective for electronic music: futuristic, Science-Fiction driven, kind of cybernetic & robotic, evoking the undeniable alliance between the man and the machine. However, there was more. Sons of the Motor City, this young producer, like many of his contemporaries, absorbed the heritage of the African-American music through labels such as Motown a platform for the music of Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, Diana Ross & The Supremes, The Temptations, The Four Tops, The Jackson 5, among many others. And there was Jazz.

The initial landmark for Techno

When I had the opportunity to meet them, Mike Grant, Vince Watson and Fabrice Lig all agreed with me on the fact that Techno City was indeed the first four by four Techno tune ever. Not only because of its atmospheric & avant-garde electronic shape focused on the but because it hided a kind of an ahead-of-its-time personal signature, despite of a structure that nowadays would be seen as rudimental. For the Cybotron connoisseurs it was not a surprise, though: Clear, released one year before on Fantasy, was devastating. It brought an electronic ensemble never heard before, and broke all the parameters of the dominant New York street style, for it had all that funky dancefloor elements melted with a magnificent innovative essence, even though it was still Electro.

No hope, no illusions, no UFOs

Strange as it may seem, that new Sound of Detroit emerged like a paradox between the dream of an upcoming generation and a World full of imperfections; between the technological aspect of the machines and the human creation process; it was the duality of circuits and veins, blood and electrons, human and exact parameters. It had a whole new technology concept and a wish for a more human World, though it kept its roots on Soul and art.

Like a new prophecy based on the burning desire for change and evolution, Techno incorporated since its early days all these dreamy elements as an inspiration in opposition to the social environment that always had to face the inevitability of facts of a harsh World, full of hopeless minds. The locals have even an expression to describe this nude reality, like when there is no hope: No UFO\'s - not by coincidence the first tune of Juan Atkins solo project as Model 500.

The rising of Belleville generation

The first single on Metroplex came out with the classic No UFO\'s and its dark ambiance with obscure basslines, strange synths and a sinister use of the vocals. On the other side, it had a dark Electro-Funk: Future, played almost instantly by DJs like The Wizard and Electrifying Mojo. The acclaimed D-Mix for No UFO\'s had an even more challenging approach, recommended later by Andrew Weatherall as an essential classic. Not long after that, Sound Of Stereo had the collaboration of Sir Cybo and brought the new-visionary paradigm for that music with an obscure climax and sinister vocal chorus. These were the sounds that influenced the whole environment, and more specifically friends such as Derrick May, Kevin Saunderson, Eddie \'Flashin\' Fowlkes, Arthur Forest, Santonio Echols, Blake Baxter, Carl Craig, among other talents.

Suddenly, the Soul and the Sci-Fi were blended together.

Forever. That was the main idea: melting both and creating a unique musical experience whose identity would forever change the parameters of music. Through projects such as Cybotron, Model 500, X-Ray, Infiniti, M500, Magic Juan, Model 600, Red Parrot, Triple XXX, Audiotech, Flintstones, Frequency, Kreem, One On One, Reel By Real and Visions, Juan Atkins stood the test of time, and tunes like Track Ten, Idea 1 and Rebound, recently released in 2004.