Clubplanet Nightlife Community

holy shit dc . . .

eggmok

• 3 weeks later...

man, i have seen this scene chance so many damn times, it's sick. Buzz has been in about 6 different venues since I started going out. Ultraworld has gone from rave to rock, then there was the "raymond" era and his bassrush parties, then modern music had RISE for a few years. Fever for 7 years. Feelgod's Real Chill party, Citrus Club at Orpheus, man I could go on.

Of the early days, there is only a handful left. who knows where people go, but it seems the average life span of a raver/clubber is about 6 months. They come in, love it, overdue, and then just fizzle out. Some actually just outgrow it, some get burned by it, and some get eaten alive by it. I have seen soo many people come and go. Circles of friends change. it's just amazing.

and like you guys said, people have been claiming the scene is dying since it began, but really like someone else said, it's just CONSTANTLY going through change.

There must be something good happening for the 6 of so of us to be able to sit here and talk about it. buzz will back in full swing soon enough. I'd say that right about now, we are about to see the biggest change yet in ten years. EDM is just starting to get the respect it deserves. Don't know about you guys, but I am excited as hell about!

breaks guy

man, i have seen this scene chance so many damn times, it's sick. Buzz has been in about 6 different venues since I started going out. Ultraworld has gone from rave to rock, then there was the "raymond" era and his bassrush parties, then modern music had RISE for a few years. Fever for 7 years. Feelgod's Real Chill party, Citrus Club at Orpheus, man I could go on.

Of the early days, there is only a handful left. who knows where people go, but it seems the average life span of a raver/clubber is about 6 months. They come in, love it, overdue, and then just fizzle out. Some actually just outgrow it, some get burned by it, and some get eaten alive by it. I have seen soo many people come and go. Circles of friends change. it's just amazing.

and like you guys said, people have been claiming the scene is dying since it began, but really like someone else said, it's just CONSTANTLY going through change.

There must be something good happening for the 6 of so of us to be able to sit here and talk about it. buzz will back in full swing soon enough. I'd say that right about now, we are about to see the biggest change yet in ten years. EDM is just starting to get the respect it deserves. Don't know about you guys, but I am excited as hell about!

breaks guy

Everything you said is 150% true. I'm not sure what will happen with EDM but I feel that we're slowly losing the rave stigma. Although raves still exist, we don't have the negative media hype and we should soon be able to start breaking into new territory. That's what I'm all about so I'm with you on the excitement level, Joe.