Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Record shops NYC

Hiya :)

Coming to NY on Wed for my 30th from Manchester UK. Can ppl tell me the best record stores in NY and where they are please, for picking up flyers and generally feeling the NY vibe for music. I'm really interested to see how it compares to the UK.

I've decided to plump for Pacha on friday night, Jeff Mills. Mainly cos I've got the comp birthday tickets and also I've seen Jeff Mills here in Manchester at a warehouse party and he was pretty good (mind you I was in a bit of a state by the time he came on, haha) and I like the techno crowd, in the UK they are usually the more decerning type of clubber.

Really looking foward to my trip, hope we meet some nice ppl along the way too. Anyone else going to Pacha on fri?

Abby x

let me suggest that on NOV 4th that saturday night you go to CIELO the best club in NYC in my opinion. That night will be TEDD PATTERSON, go to www.youtube.com and do a search on his name to see some clips of him.

As for getting a vibe of NYC theres so many splintered crowds adn clubs that its hard to fit everything in unless your here for a week or 2. Alot of the best parties happen during the week as well.

Record stores are closing up here the onyl ones still around that i know of are.

DANCE TRACKS over on 1st ave and 3rd st, or is it 4th street.

SATELITTE RECORDS on 259 bowery way downtown.

VINYL MANIA on 60 carmine street (store has been around a long long time)

DISCO RAMA 186 West 4th St. (between 6th & 7th Ave)

Dont know if it will be around or if its still around now but

ROCK N SOUL on 462 7TH AVE.

Have a good time and see you on the dancefloor, maybe.

Silverbull - Cheers for that!

About Cielo, I do really fancy it there as it looks very much like a place we go to in the UK but I'm concerned about getting in. I emailed them to see if they had a guaranteed entry list but they said I would have to reserve a table to get in which I don't want to do. Is it poss to get in if we get there very early do you reckon?

Rock N Soul on 7th Ave is still open, Gabe. I pass by it on a daily. Kinda weird to have it in the middlg eo fthe garment disctric. lol....

Cielo is a def good time on Nov 4, but then again, Danny Howells at Pacha is going to be pretty sick as well. It really depends on what you are looking for.