Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New Year Partys! where's the best??

o.k so I'm going 2 New York 4 New Year from Scotland with some friends and we want to have a guaranteed good time, especially for the bells! So looking for some insight into where you find good dj's, which clubs have the best crowds/atmosphere, if places are expensive but worth it etc

Any Info would be much appreciated! Cheers

o.k so I'm going 2 New York 4 New Year from Scotland with some friends and we want to have a guaranteed good time, especially for the bells! So looking for some insight into where you find good dj's, which clubs have the best crowds/atmosphere, if places are expensive but worth it etc

New Years Eve will be the grand opening of Opium NYC, might want to check that out.. http://newyears.com/party.asp?id=2314

It's the best deal in town with $100 open bar all night long.

and we want to have a guaranteed good time
I would recommend starting by not looking for a guarantee. By which I mean don't overhype NYC to yourself. It's a great place, but your expectations can always be greater.

Also, stay tuned. Some of us don't know what we're doing this weekend let alone 2 months from now. I can only think 1 major event ahead and there's SantaCon and Christmas before NYE. My suggestion is to use the next 2 months getting to know some of these guys, then when you get here you have a friend to show you around.

(Post a picture too. Yes it plays into vapid lookism, but people are less stand-offish when there is a face to go with the persona.)

Visit http://www.newyears.com for a complete list of parties with all the details, photos and videos.