Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Trance Lover: 1st time in NYC where can I go?

Being from Canada, take my word on this. There's no good trance in NYC. Though the people here seem to like the stuff they get, it's nothing like what you're used to. I don't even consider it trance. All I can call it is New York trance. It makes me cringe when I hear it.

You might get lucky with a good international headliner at Twilo (not sure who will be here). Maybe tunnel on Saturday if the music improves.

Just don't expect good trance. This town's about house music. We've been spoiled up north.

Hotels - Try the Gershwin Hotel. They have hostel rooms for I think $35 a night, maybe a little more. They also have hotel rooms that are more expensive, but still really cheap compared. It's very cool (chic) and very clean. I lived there for a month.

bon chance,

a bientot

d

------------------

www.spoonyd.iwarp.com

dont mean to get ur hopes down, but spoonyd is definitely right.. there is no good trance in nyc.. ><sigh>< however.. i just saw paul van dyk at twilo on 7/21 and i must say, every clubbin experience after and before that obviously doesn't compare.. (ps--pvd is coming to twilo again on september 8th) webster hall is a good club to go to (19+ to get in on fridays); they have tranzworld nite but still doesn't compare what u're prally used to canada.. damnit, why can't we have Good trance in nyc?!! grr..

drgnfly, do you post on bluelight? or used to? i remember the screen name... i used to do mad postings on bluelight (aKa pLaYboYbuNnie), but wow. that board is just kiddie playground.

anyway, just wanted to say hello. smile.gif

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

yes yes...

i remember you were supposed to come out for one of the meetups... and you said that you were gonna be wearing like white pants or something rite???

dayam i looked around the corner where we always meet up but no YOU... hee hee .. its all good...

Yeah i just keep the post to the meet ups with the people that i've already met...

Hey you going to dave seaman tomorrow?

------------------

-- DrgnFly --

cool, so i got the right person. bounce.gif

i REALLY want to tomorrow, but i have guy cousins that are visiting from korea, and they bought absolutely NO CLUBBING CLOTHES. i am going to kill them. headshot.gif are you going to do a BL meetup there? well if i do make it, this time, i'll be in a purple wig.

that night.. long ago, i think it was PVD, i was there, but holy shit i can't see my left foot in there when it's a PvD night. smile.gif

well anyway! one of these days, i'll keep my eye out for you and the rest of the nyC BL crew. smile.gif

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

wow,

I thought I was going to get flamed.

cool. At least I'm not the only one disappointed with the party music in this town (except for Twilo).

Just to add my $0.02, I pretty much agree on S&D though they have their trance moments. Sometimes long hours of progressive sounds, hell, Sasha on a good night will even almost go German. But generally it's a deep dark and hard progressive sound bordering on dank hard house where I generally prefer happy and over the top trance.

meh. At least PVD kicked my ass a couple weeks ago.

If you want to hear the trance I like, goto my webpage (at the bottom of this post). I have a page where you can listen to my mixes - there's some 4hrs of streaming stuff.

later

d

------------------

www.spoonyd.iwarp.com

hey kitty,

Your cousins don't be needing any specific type of clothes at twilo.. you know that!!!!

just bring them tomorrow!!!!

And the spot has changed... we are all speaker hogs now... lol (we are at the right speaker rite under the DJ when you facing the Booth. If you go tomorrow just look for two blondes (guy-Sinthetic and gurl- Chacha) and I will be the asian guy with the two blondes...

And i'll keep an eye out for the purple wig... hmmm yellow hair, purple hair... dayam colorfull nite it will be... and i'm gonna feel left out with my plain dark brown hair... maybe i should go lime green... lol

------------------

-- DrgnFly --

s&d dont play any trance anymore, barely a subtle touch depending on the route of the set. have you been there last few months?

Originally posted by drgnfly:

eeek S&D not trance? then what are they?? maybe i have the wrong S&D....

yeah but def check out PVD on the 8th of Sept.

peazz

------------------

deez nuts

S&D still play trance only the difference is that it's alot deeper. Well New York is gonna have some good trance starting on Aug. 19th with Johnny Vicious and Russ Reign at the Tunnel . I heard Vicious before and all I can say is that you can expect some good quality stuff from this guy. Russ Reign is also amazing and he has some pretty good trance in his sets.

Guest clubkid77

I would say Sasha and Diggers sound is best described nowadays as "Tech-House with Deep Trance Overtones" The songs usualy have some trancy interludes and breakdows, but the heart is groovy house with some techy sounds.

As for trance in NYC there is some, I for one spin music that runs from S&D sound to PVD. Prety much all trance. So there is real euro trance guys at tunnel sat nights in the runway, 3-6am