Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Please help me here!

I'm looking for any songs that are of "happy hardcore". Any with real nice melodies and all that good shit. NO gabba or plain hardcore mixed in I mean. Anybody that can help me out, I really appreciate it! Thanks, see ya!

------------------

we are the dreamers

we are the music makers

Thank you guys so much!!!(Spoonyd, kitty19, back2basics, xtckitkat!) Now I will go out and get some of those cds, and about the rave, maybe I'll be able to go, thanks for telling me about it! You guys rule! Take care!

------------------

we are the dreamers

we are the music makers

Well us candy ravers aren't exactly too down with you hateful and annoying noise makers ourselves. You want to listen to pure distortion, then go ahead and listen to nonsense like "break that mother fucker up", but us? We'll stick with all the happy hardcore we want, period. lord is <<NOT>> a gabberer!!!

------------------

we are the dreamers

we are the music makers

Happy 2b Hardcore is mixed by Anabolic Frolic, on Moonshine records. There are four CD's, all very good. You might also check out "The World of Vinylgroover" Vols 1 & 2.

For real information on Happy Hardcore, goto:

www.hullabaloo-raves.com

This is the website for Anabolic Frolic's rave company in Toronto. They have a very very active message board where you can get boundless info on hhc including ftp sites, mp3's track listings, cd suggestions, anything hhc related.

ps - there's a hhc rave in Rochester next weekend (aug 12).

Is that the help you were looking for?

spoony out

------------------

www.spoonyd.iwarp.com

Kitty19 you are totaly right, thanks for reminding me. Hey hardcore people, if that's what you like, then cool, go for it, I mean we all have our tastes. I prefer my candy, and no no no the scene was filled with the drugsters for almost ever, all scenes were!!! From rock scenes of 70's, to the gabba parties in the closed down power plants. I LOVE MY FELLOW CANDY KIDS! take care! and for my gabba friends...keep pushing the gabbber gabber gabber! =)

------------------

we are the dreamers

we are the music makers

Try anything by Hixxy, Sy, Dougal, Slipmatt, but make sure there are no MCs. A lot of UK HHC Djs play with MCs and, frankly, I think it sucks to listen to HHC with an MC. Also, a lot of UK HHC Djs don't mix all their songs, they'll just fully stop one and pause and play another or rewind and do all this shit that US Djs rarely do. There are some 8-tape sets of UK HHC from giant parties you can buy for $30-40 a set, but some of the tapes have MCs on them. Paulina Taylor's "Bounce", "Happy Up Da Ass", "Smile" (all mixtapes) are really good happy hardcore too. Paulina Taylor is actually a guy, though! Funny DJ name.. You should check pureacidmixtapes (I think their website is just www.pureacidmixtapes.com) and request a catalog. they've got tons of HHC (as well as other stuff) and they'll mail it right to your doorstep!

Hope that helped!

-- Cara

Thanks djmissbliss, that helped alot! You know this whole topic has become total madness!!! What started out was me asking for some hhc songs, then we got that whole huge war between each end of the gabberific spectrum, well I'm glad my topic got some replies! woo hoo! And spoony, I think I might be able to get to that rave! Woah it'll be my first one ever! AH! I'll post more on that one later on, depending on what happens! SEE YA!

------------------

we are the dreamers

we are the music makers