Clubplanet Nightlife Community

andrew mendez

"Because it is cost effective for an innovator like DT to burn his creations onto CD's instead of burning cash on acetates..."

O.K vaid reasons to play CD's. But Andrew Mendez is not creating his own creations,so what you said makes no sense.

If someone does a remix, then of course your gonna put it on CD, duh, you can do it right then and there and not have to wait for it to come back from the press.

So none of the dj's I listed before are underground, well if you ever go hear any of them spin, you can bet your bottom dollar that they will never play anything from KTU.

But, again, if we listen to YOU, then the dj's above are commercial. Shit, I always hear all the stuff they play in there sets on the radio. your right, they are not underground, they are commerical. what was I thinking, Little loui vaga is as KTU as it gets.

Can I ask you a question? Why does it matter if DJ's play CD's? I've never heard a difference (or cared anyway), in a club that is...As far as underground is concerned....just because those DJ's you listed don't get played on KTU doesn't mean jack. The US really doesn't have a dance station like they do overseas. S&D hit the Billboard charts over here and are played constantly overseas. The same for PVD. The same for Oakenfold. In fact, Oakenfold quit his residency over in England, so he could concentrate on entering the market in the US. They want to make the US like England, in the respect that it gets played on the radio like it is over there. That's underground? They want it to become mainstream over here, because mainstream radio play = CASH MONEY. Bro, don't get me wrong....the moment it gets like that, the clubs will never be the same, I understand that. Look at S&D at Twilo...that's how it's gonna be everywhere...packed meat markets. It's gonna suck bigtime....

Originally posted by muzik2001:

Are you crazy????????????????

He tries to hard to be jp but he is really wack

No, he doesn't ...maybe he was influenced by JP at some point but NOT anymore ...you should hear him now ...he's OFF THE HOOK!!!

------------------

...Ph0eniX

A lot of times DJ's receive music before it is released on CD, thats number 1, number 2 all top jocks rock cd's for the same reason because they get the tracks before they go to press and it's the only way to play them...and as far as the crowd goes you can't tell the difference between vinyl and cd...I prefer vinyl anyday but to stay on top you need cd's to, it's simple...as for your ted the dillenger post i won't even respond because you've got no clue as to what your talking about...And Oakenfold is as commercial as it gets nowadays, and I've heard his music on KTU, 8am on a monday morning on my way to work to my surprise...Anything else?

------------------

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one." Louis Armstrong

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

Mac, what the ^$#* were u lsitening to ktu for? :P

cd vs vinyl? Vinyl still sounds warmer. It all has to do with the fact that cds are only 16 bit, 44.1k. If enhanced cs got big they might make a dent, who knows.

Def right about staying on top.

And again, popularity is not directly related to quality. The music playing on the radio over there is largely shite as it is here. Only dif there is that it is more electronic based. A good track on the radio is a good track on the radio. ANyone disagreeing is jsut an underground elitist who is really more into being exclsusive than the art.

Here is another reason to use CDs:

When I am traveling to spin, I really dont feel like lugging 500lbs of records with me, id rather take one 50 count record bag and my cd book smile.gif

But, I dont think there is a DJ out there who would not rather use all records, yet many unreleased things aren't available on record yet anyway.....

>First off...do people really care if a DJ plays CD's??? I thought it's about MUSIC. Yeah i do play CD's. What's the big deal?? I'd rather play all vinyl but alot of music that's not released is on cd and if i like it i'll play it. And when it comes out on vinyl i buy it. Oh yeah...i'm also not a member of napster...so get off my nutz.

peace,

Andrew =)

well well well LOUDNESS - everyone made you look pretty unintelligent, huh? sorry. rolleyes.gif

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

brandie@optonline.net

I dunno I generally flip through the radio stations once in a while, usually end up on 92.3 get my dose of metal...That warmer feeling is the low range frequencies you hear on vinyl but are not as prominant on cd's, cd's for the most part need to be pumped up bass wise...where as vinyl is "warmer" smile.gif

------------------

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one." Louis Armstrong

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com