Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CDs Vs. Records

i personally use both 12" and CDs

my friends in NYC burn CDs for me so i can have access to records i CANNOT get here in Paris

it's also true that CD mixing (i have pionner 100) is easier than vinyl because of the "cue" function

on the other hand, i live for wax, CDs are too impersonnal

just my $0.02

Originally posted by tranza:

LOL.. If you were anybody worth knowing, I would have heard about you.. Your a NOBODY and you will NEVER be anybody.. Your another loser wanna be dj, thats has no future.. You should take all your money and jump off a bridge.. Dork..

I'll talk as much shit as I want kid.. You certainly arent gonna do anything about it..

Oouch ... u sound scary Tranza ... frown.gif

If your going to insult me (and i encourage it) please be more creative...

... DORK?

... JUMP OFF A BRIDGE?

You fucking herb ya mother should of swallowed you <-- Now that to me is a good insult

What the fuck are we beefing about anyway confused.gif ...

Originally posted by frankie_pep:

Oouch ... u sound scary Tranza ... frown.gif

If your going to insult me (and i encourage it) please be more creative...

... DORK?

... JUMP OFF A BRIDGE?

You fucking herb ya mother should of swallowed you <-- Now that to me is a good insult

What the fuck are we beefing about anyway confused.gif ...

Talking about other peoples mothers was fun when we were 10 years old, but not anymore.. I dont find the your mothers so fat jokes funny anymore..

If you want to find out how much of a herb I am, by all means, introduce yourself to me one night.. I'm not like Tempjock looking to fight anyone, but if I really bother you so much, maybe we should talk about it in person..

Beefing?? Who's beefing?? If your starting to get mad, just say so and we can end it.. smile.gif

------------------

Hit My Damn Music...

If you want to find out how much of a herb I am, by all means, introduce yourself to me one night.. I'm not like Tempjock looking to fight anyone, but if I really bother you so much, maybe we should talk about it in person..

Beefing?? Who's beefing?? If your starting to get mad, just say so and we can end it.. smile.gif

Hey ..I'm not mad ... You don't bother me at all ... I find this entertaining strangely enough

... And I would love to meet you ... I think we'd get our points (whatever they may be) across better in person anyway ...

jus let me know if u want to meet up,

post it or pepe5@home.com

------------------

"Reality is a crutch for people who can't handle drugs"

Vinyl is way better then cd.. Only use cds to listen to in the car.. Your supposed to be supporting the record labels by purchasing the vinyl.. I understand using the cds until the final product is released, but then you should be purchasing the vinyl.. But hey, your only spinning in your bed room right?? So I guess it doesnt really matter.. smile.gif

Do you really care about the record label getting paid? Get real ... Would you buy something it was free?And why would buy "the final" on record if you already have it on CD? ... Oh and It does matter even if i'm in my bedroom,your moms bedroom or your girls bedroom (or boys bedroom ... i don't know what your into) wink.gif

bring it ....

Frankie, I hope you produce a track someday and then every DJ burns your track to cd from FTP and you make no money from sales that would be great wouldn't it...then you'll never get supported by a label because you can't sell any records...And then the Producers can't support themselves or pay studio fees so they stop making music...that's great isn't it?

Keep Wax Alive...

------------------

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one." Louis Armstrong

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

There is a certain allure to vinyl that you will never get from a cd. Why do you think they add all those 'turntable' feature to CDmixers.

I use CD's only when I get freshly produced tracks that won't be pressed for months and thats it.

Pep- First off, its all about supporting the artists, promos are cool to get and we can all pretend we are cool with a stack of white labels and unreleased maxi-promo discs but in the end its the skills. Respect those who flame your passion, buy their shit.

CDJ's- if you need a machine to do all the work, what does that make you? BAck when I used to skate, we called you a poser. I about .1% respect for you cats, sorry.

parish

Originally posted by ILL HOUSE YOU:

Frankie, I hope you produce a track someday and then every DJ burns your track to cd from FTP and you make no money from sales that would be great wouldn't it...then you'll never get supported by a label because you can't sell any records...And then the Producers can't support themselves or pay studio fees so they stop making music...that's great isn't it?

Keep Wax Alive...

That would be great!!! Fuck the Money ... I could give a dam about the money ... the publicity is all i need ... as long as people would know my name and would say "dam that boys good" would be worth more then any amount of cash to me ... I'm not in this game for the money ... i'm in it for the love of music and the electronic culture ....

Originally posted by thomaskm1:

Pep- First off, its all about supporting the artists, promos are cool to get and we can all pretend we are cool with a stack of white labels and unreleased maxi-promo discs but in the end its the skills. Respect those who flame your passion, buy their shit.

Yeah i agree with the bold part ... but honestly do we really give a shit about the money being mad by other people ... Skills come automatic , its the tracks that do most of my work and any other DJS for that matter ... yeah u could be the best dj/mixer in the world and if your playing shitty tracks that reflects on you as being shitty ... most people could care less about the mix(non-DJS) ....