Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Rub::Warehouse Party w/Evil Dee & Rich Medina

THE RUB WAREHOUSE PARTY::

Cosmo Baker, DJ Ayers, and DJ Eleven

With DJ Evil Dee and Rich Medina

They’ve been called a "Globetrotting, beat juggling dream team" by The Fader, now the party starters are finally taking their dj set to a warehouse party..right where it belongs. Get as gritty and sweaty as you like, no holds barred.

Doors 10pm

RSVP to therubwarehouse@gmail.com to guarantee admission

$10 Cover

http://www.itstherub.com

The Carriage House

383 Carroll St. Brooklyn NYC

Directions to The Carriage House:

F or G Train to 'Carroll St' (fourth stop in Brooklyn from Manhattan).

Exit

at back of train. Walk 2.5 blocks from stop down Carroll.

R Train to

'Union St.' Walk 3 blocks west on Union, make left onto Nevins St., 2

blocks

to Carroll St., turn right and walk over the bridge.

• 2 weeks later...

I was supposed to meet and go with 2 girls, but due to communication problems I ended up arriving solo. A group of about 5 guys had just shown up in front of me and the guy at the door was all "Sorry we're not letting anymore guys in." This was in Brooklyn, it was a bit of a Herculean trial to find and get to the place, it was before 12, *and* they were charging a $10 cover... so for there to be doortitute, this has to be a pretty legendary party! Fortunately the guy asked what party I was here for and my enthusiastic unhesitant "The Rub!" was the magic word.

With its makeshift bar and DJ "booth" (albeit technologically no joke),

1jqco0a3f800lk5.th.jpg 1jqco013g800ll3.th.jpg

Christmas-light decor, the exposed brick walls and rough uneven sandy concrete floor, poor acoustics, and casually dressed patrons, this party had the look and feel of a genuine underground house-party.

1jqco02eu900ir7.th.jpg

The downside: not lumbered with smoking regulations it did become a bit of a smoky pit of disaster.

I'm not a Hip-Hop afficionado, but the music was never uncompelling and the crowd dug it more consistently and enthusiastically than I've seen at some high-end clubs in Manhattan with international DJs. You also need only a basic sense of rhythm to know when scratching works and contributes to the flow.

By the way, to the DJ who dropped "I Can't Do Nothin' For You, Man": I love you!

Look what I found!

This post is also a tribute to Sara, who even after not hearing from me, not knowing where or what this thing was, with no assurances I'd even be there, trekking from Harlem, by herself, even getting lost in an industrial sector of BK, found the damn place and found me!... *and* stayed and danced on the unforgiving concrete floor until close... in spike heels! You ma nigga!

1jqco038l800ys2.th.jpg