Clubplanet Nightlife Community

OK, NYE is only 2 weeks away!

gotgirls

Here is our situation... we will be rolling with 3 couples and a single girl.

The tricky part is that one couple is nouveau-riche, another is from average income, and the last is, well, last. I'm from the average income couple so I'm a little concerned about how this mix will be as far as finances, dress-code, and choice of venue.

My wife and I are smart dressers so I think that we will fit in at most venues. We have already done the whole NYE/Strip party and are looking for something a little more upscale and with a great view- either of the strip/fireworks, or both.

Being of average financial status and given our crowd, I am looking for the "best deal" and best venue that would suit all of us. I've looked into Light, GhostBar and the Voodoo Lounge as options, but I was wondering if any of the going-out-guru's had any other suggestions/hookups.

Thanks,

Doc Martin

I've looked into Light, GhostBar and the Voodoo Lounge as options, but I was wondering if any of the going-out-guru's had any other suggestions/hookups.

Not sure what your definition of "average income" means, or perhaps more accurately, what you're willing to spend. I know plenty of people that I'd consider to be "high income" that are absolute tight-asses in the clubs, and bitch all weekend long about the price of drinks. Similarly I know plenty of people who make less than the national household average yet never hesitate to pony up $150-200 each if it means a table at a hot club.

What's the total cost your group is willing to spend?

What would you rather have: a table at a less-popular venue, or basic entry for a hot venue?

What kind of music and/or atmosphere are you looking for?

Not sure what your definition of "average income" means, or perhaps more accurately, what you're willing to spend. I know plenty of people that I'd consider to be "high income" that are absolute tight-asses in the clubs, and bitch all weekend long about the price of drinks. Similarly I know plenty of people who make less than the national household average yet never hesitate to pony up $150-200 each if it means a table at a hot club.

What's the total cost your group is willing to spend?

What would you rather have: a table at a less-popular venue, or basic entry for a hot venue?

What kind of music and/or atmosphere are you looking for?

Good points greenie...

I think that we all (our group) kinda fall in the "tight-ass" classification regardless of income. Reading all the hype about NYE and table packages has got me thinking that "maybe $3,000 isn't SO bad for 7 of us" but in reality, I doubt that we would spend that much as a group. In fact, $1,000 seems overpriced for ONE night.

We all like to drink, and I know that paying for drinks alone could add up to almost $1,000. None of us want to stand the whole night but we do like to get our groove on as well. I prefer house while others in the group will be for hip-hop/top 40. It seems like a f*@ked up situation, but I wanted to make the best of it.

I guess we'll be out on the streets again with all the poor people :) ...