Any thoughts on these places for NYE?

Rina900

Club Deep

Nikki Beach

Pearl

Sobe Live

Glass at the Forge

thanx

Expect a steep cover at Pearl (if you don't have a reservation). I think music is open format with a heavier bias toward hip hop. Here's their website.

Nikki Beach, Pearl's neighbor, probably plays house on NYE. Here's the Nikki Beach website.

Club Deep is guarranteed to be playing hip hop and R&B exclusively. Check for yourself by visiting Club Deep's website.

Glass and Pearl are the nicest venues of all the ones you have listed. Check Glass' NYE event here.

I have only been to SoBe Live once but it was a special Lust 4 House event. I have no clue what their NYE line-up looks like and I don't have a website to direct you to either. Sorry. :D

p.s. - do you know what the difference of glass & jimmy z @ the forge is?

It's exactly the same (I think Jimmy Z was the old name). It's not a huge venue. It's got 2 rooms with 3 bars (2 in the main room and 1 in the Chandelier Room). Nice crowd, I'd say age group is predominantly 27 and up (I've seen patrons aged 40+ there on numerous occasions). Drinks are pricey. Imported beers can set you back $8 a bottle and a Grey Goose & tonic will put a $13 dent in your wallet/purse.

Then again, it's a more "upscale" crowd (some of them stay after an expensive dinner at The Forge) so they can afford to dish it out.

It's a very intimate venue with great sound. :D

what is the difference between pearl & nikki beach? i definitely prefer hip hop, so pearl is sounding good....

sobe live is:

New Year's Eve at Sobe Live with the Show Mag Models, Terror Squad DJ Surge and DJ Element :confused:

Venue Name

Sobe Live

Venue Address

1203 Washington Ave

Miami, FL 33139

Map to New Year's Eve at Sobe Live

Hours

9:00 pm - 5:00 am

Description

Come and ring in the New Year's with Sobe Live and the Sexy Models of Show Magazine. Featuring the Finalists of the Model Search in a Lingerie Fashion Show....

Come enjoy the Premium OPEN bar and Buffet until 12:00am. Watch the NEW YEARS ring in on the large movie sized screens live from NYC. Balloon Drop, party favors and beautiful models compete in their sexy lingerie.

Dress Code

Dress code strictly enforced.

Type of Music/Crowd

* R&B

* Hip-Hop

* Reggae

* Old School

21 and over

Menu

Catered buffet. Open premium bar til midnight

what is the difference between pearl & nikki beach? i definitely prefer hip hop, so pearl is sounding good....

I would say Pearl is the more "upscale" of the two venues. It's built above Nikki Beach's indoor area. It also has a restaurant. For hip hop, I'd dare say that Pearl is a better bet than Nikki Beach.

Definitely also consider Prive/Opium which is about 1 block over. :D

shine @ the shelborne beach resort featuring legendary dj jazzy jeff (of dj jazzy jeff and the fresh prince) in the main room plus opening and closing sets by the UK's own SLACKER - in the lobby/lounge the deep house & jazz grooves by "the next generation"

*dj jazzy jeff plus live mc madd skillz

*opening dj set by slacker

* lounge featuring jazz and house by the next generation w/live precussionist

*open bar 9-10:30 plus comp appatizers

* ball drop live from time square plus free champagne toast at midnight

* 3 environments featuring the grand lobby and lounge, the shine nightclub, and the pool side retreat

* sound by the legendary steve dash

* dance shows by hot jams entertainment

*decor and balloon drop by rkm

for tickets click on link below or go to www.newyears.com

www.wantickets.com/meetjazzyjeff

mansion is $300 :( my friends don't want to spend that much... and dj jazzy jeff? hmmm... parents just don't understand? i dont know about that.

with dj jazzy jeff you will probably get too see one of the most technical dj's on the planet... not many people realize this but he's also the engineer for house legends, masters at work, as well as the producer for jill scott, lauren hill, the fugee's plus plenty more. he won the dmc scratch mixing championship twice and is really the best party dj you will ever see... check out his personal site www.djjazzyjeff.com - but as phill said - its always an amazing experience with jeff.... hope to see you plus with all the area's in the shelborne and the forecast calling for rain you have something for everyone in every environment - your covered rain or shine with the club, lounge and pool deck... no other venues can offer you that and price wise it just makes sense.....