Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Motorcycles - Who rides them?

Any one here ride motorcycles? Any interesting motorcycle stories?

I've got a '00 Triumph. I just don't ride it to the clubs if I am not going to be 100% sober. Bad enough driving the car.

JDogg

------------------

Corporate Tool

North Jersey

Yeh i was once on the back of a freinds bike, we came off round a corner on a country lane in the middle of no where... after i recovered i had to site with a freind who's leg was sticking through his knee for 50 minutes trying to calm him down..

All he could say is i got it into neutral before i came off!!

Sorry it's not a happy story but for some reason i remember it!!

Crashes on bikes are never a good thing. I hope that aside from the broken leg, everything was ok and he eventually got back on.

That is a concern that I have too, but I can't let it be a fear, otherwise I wouldn't ride.

JDogg

------------------

Corporate Tool

North Jersey

Anybody who's got one, I'll go for a ride . . . my really good friend had one - we were in the process of learning how to do a double-stand up wheelie (trust?) . . . and he got into an accident the next day, another guy on a bike slammed on his brakes in front of him . . . thank god i wasn't on the bike - but it's still the most EXCITING thing . . . and if i had the money, and thought i could actually hold the weight w/o killing myself, i'd TOTALLY have one. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

brandie@optonline.net

My family and friends thought I was gonna kill myself on two wheels when i got mine...fortunately i didnt, but because of college so far away, I sadly parted with my

Ninja 500R...

I also have no horror stories to tell, fortunately..

and Brandie, if you get a smaller bike(250) im sure you would have no problem handling the weight if you were to lose your balance or something...im not sure how tall you are though....

Gonzo:

Remind me not to go riding in Staten Island then...or at least when you are there. J/K biggrin.gif

Yeah, I know...I do the same in my truck too. I was on 287 yesterday doing speeds that would put me in jail, not just a ticket.

JDogg

------------------

Corporate Tool

North Jersey

vj - i'm 5-5 and not even 110 lbs . . and i don't like the way the smalller bikes look. :-) i know there are girls that can ride the bigger and heavier ones - it's all or nothing for me. wink.gif

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

brandie@optonline.net

Brandie:

If you are 5'5" you should be able to get onto the smaller sport bikes - like the 600's maybe not the YZF-R6 but the less aggressive 600's that have a little lower ride height.

I know a grrrl that is about 5'2" that rides a sport bike that is around 500# (the bike that is wink.gif). Ok, maybe she does not weigh 110 but don't let that stop you.

My job gives me a new vehicle to drive every 90 days and on a day like today, it is going to stay in the driveway and I am going to take my motorcycle.

JDogg

------------------

Corporate Tool

North Jersey

I ride as much as I can... I have a '99 R6 with some work. Here are 3 stories that were told to me to convince me not to get a bike, or accually to make sure I ride safer.

1) A friend of mine was riding his bike down back roads in Putnam county. The roads up there are fucked up and have a lot of curves. My friend came around a turn and hit a patch of gravel in the road. The back end of the bike swung out for a quick second and then caught traction. When it caught traction, the bike flipped over on it's side on top of my friend and then "bounced" into the woods. My friend broke 3 ribs and had a punctured lung and a few other broken bones and scratches. He lived and still rides.

2) A friend of a friend was riding his bike down a heavily traveled main road on a Saturday morning. He was showing off in front of a bunch of people chillin' at a gas station. He poped a wheelie and came down a little hard and on an angle. The bike shot really hard to the left and brought him into on-coming traffic. He hit another car head on. He broke EVERY bone in his body. He died.

3) A friend of a friend was riding his bike, and like the other guy, was showing off in front of friends. He popped a wheelie and like the other guy, didn't come down straight and a little too hard and the bike pulled really hard to the right. He went off the road and drove threw a wodden fence. He got fucked up bad, but he lived. They had to ambutate (sp?) his right leg though due to a piece of fence just about ripping it half off.

I share these stories with people b/c most of the accidents you hear about are b/c people are being stupid and careless. Ride safe...

------------------

You know everything will flow...

Those are some pretty nasty stories....

You have to be really careful, about 10x more attentive on a bike than in a car....

Brandie, I dont think you should really let your height and weight stop you from learning to ride if you really want to..it is up to you though...its a lot of fun, but im sure you know that already....

VJ

i got a 97 kawasaki vulcon 900

all black and chrome totally looks awsome

but nj will not give me a friggin motocycle license cause my car license is suspended

so i keep it at my friends house in pa

they dont give a shit what i do there

as for horror stories

i was riding with a bunch of friends when one sneezed(that was his excuse) and he spun his bike sideways and onto a dirt embankment in pa the bike was f'd up and my friend broke two ribs and his leg

my worst accident was actually pretty lame i dont ride that hard cause i want to baby my bike i got it like 6 mths ago

------------------

music is an escape from reality-----------

Well, after I started this topic yesterday, I managed today to go out and crash my Triumph TT600 up here in Orange County this morning. I walked away with only a broken collar bone.

The bike needs new fairing and some other little bits, but in the main is still ok.

I was going around a traffic circle and trying to exit it onto Seven Lakes Drive (a great scenic and twisty road), a drive I take every day on my way to work in NJ, and some moron decides to come out and try to merge with me. I end up going across a median strip and lay the bike down at about 10-15 mph. The bike only slid one lane width before it stopped.

The assh**e in the Mitsubishi kept on going, but another motorcycle and the guy that was behind the Mitsu stopped to help me get the bike upright and stayed till the cops got there.

The one day I decide to ride the bike to work. And my company gives me a car/truck (GMC Denali) to drive. Teaches me to saty with the company car if I am going to go to work.

JDogg

(with legal drugs)

------------------

Corporate Tool

North Jersey

I have a 96 GSXR SRAD, Yosh Pipe, Stage 1, D207s, etc. And I must admit with all the thrillseeking I've done in my life (rockclimbed, mtn-biked, sky-dived, windsurfed, surfed, wave-running, tubing) Dragging knee at the racetrack at 100mph is one of those experiences you couldn't pay me 20 million dollars to take back and never experience. The only other thing I could compare the Knee-dragging, Rear tire lifting from 150mph braking- experience too is the euphoric highs and ways I've felt at Twilo in days of old when S&D and PVD weren't events tourists would put on their lists as 'things to go see' (back in late '97, early '98) Most of you from back then still can reminisce on the ABSOLUTE highs those events would bring where you'd landmark those nights as a moment to remember. Well I assume then you'd understand how we'd feel if someone offered you 20 million dollars to never have had those experiences. Well, roadracing at the track is the other moment you couldn't buy from me knowing what I know now (Let's not even put a price on Love!!!)

Any way if you know the club experiences I speak about, then Amen brother! And if you know the knee-dragging, rear-tire lifting - race wind ripping at your leathers - doing everything you can from keeping that 120HP machine from wheelieing out of Turn 7 experience, then thats just 1 more thing that reaffirms that you're living life to its fullest. And I don't mean on the street either. Crotch-rocket junkies BELIEVE ME, there are things on the track you cannot do on the street, you can only wring out 80% at most of what your machine can do on the street - get thee to the track. And if you've experienced Love - well at least these 2 things you can do with that sig. other!

Road Rash stories - yeah I've got 2 on the road, and 1 at the track. The first road one I almost died losing traction around a turn up in the Catskill mtns. But I'll tell you this much: Roadracing, Thrillseeking, Clubbing, and Love - I'd rather be in the arena knowing the thrill of vicory and the agony of defeat then being one of those timid souls in the stands that don't even try.

Jdogg - hope you're okay. Take care of that TT its a gem. Remember we learn our limits ny going beyond them!!