Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Chart for Feb 2007

djmikebugout

February 2007 Top 10 - Mike Bugout

Here they are-

1. Say It Right (fricia & the lamboy rmx) - Nelly Fortado [GEFFEN]

-I'm a big fan of the original of the song, which can be heard every five minutes on FM and XM radio it seems like. There's a whole bunch of remixes out on it, but I'm feeling this one the most. The bassline is really what rocks in the tracks. The vocal stabs and effects also add a nice touch.

*Also I cant list this track without saying that Peter Bailey has done a MASTERFUL remix of this track which hasnt been released. Its developing a huge buzz and is an early contender for the 'track of the wmc'. I've only heard pieces from videos on youtube (

- richie drops the mind control keys to start, then the track comes in from the breakdown), so until I get my hands on it, I cant list it here. Look for it in next month's or possibly April's top 10.

2. The Future - Joop [HIGH CONTRAST]

-Of course I'm partial to the track since Joop did a guest spot on my mixshow, but seriously this track is a banger. You already know that is was chosen as the official theme track to Trance Energy 2007 (

- if watching this video doesnt make u want to get on a plane and go to this show, you either a) hate trance or B) are not human)

This track is as epic as they come, with a sinister breakdown and a synth line that you will be humming or whistling all day. The drums keep the track moving and energized. With massive support from DJ's like Tiesto and AVB, this track is a winner. Joop's best work ever in my opinion.

3. With You Near (hard dub re-edit) - Nic Chagall [HIGH CONTRAST]

-One half of the Cosmic Gate (along with DJ Bossi), Nic has a track here which is a great combo of guitar elements and beats. I'm feeling the hard dub edit, which has a great edge to it. The bassline that drops around 1 min in is a killer. There is also a proggy remix to this track Nic did which is also nice.

4. Not Enough (dirty south rmx) - Roger Sanchez [sTEALTH]

- Roger has an amazing vocal here, and it gets the electro treatment from the Dirty South. You definitely remember Dirty South from their summer anthem "Its Too Late". And here he uses a lot of the same elements that make all his productions sound crazy. Electro!!

5. Love Won't Wait (vocal mix) - Ian Carey Project [GFAB Records]

- Ian Carey was one of my favorite producers of 2006 with his remixes of "Borderline" and "Jet Setter" as well as "Say What You Want". Now he kicks off 2007 with a certified heat rocker. This track features the same Carey snare builds and electro basslines that seem to fuse perfectly with vocals to make the track work. I'm rocking this track heavy.

6. This World Is Watching Me (cosmic gate remix) - Armin Van Buuren v. Rank 1 [ARMIND]

- When you see a track with the names Cosmic Gate, Armin Van Buuren and Rank 1 on it, you immediately pick it up to see whats going on with it. 2 of the biggest names in trance come together and get the treatment from Nic and Bossi on this beautiful track. The thing that really gets me on this track is how beautiful the vocals and strings are compared to how dark and hard the bassline and synths are. However they work together to make this track a banger. Great stuff here.

7. Analog Feel (rank 1 re-hash) - Cosmic Gate [bLACKHOLE]

- Machine gun. Thats all I can say. Rank 1 takes the Cosmic Gate's original track (which might have one of the best and deepest bassline drops in a track i've ever heard) and basically re-edits it. What jumps out at you are the stabs of the synths that rank 1 has redone and replaced to make the builds even stronger. They hit so rapidly at some points that it sounds like a machine gun going off. Rank 1 gives new life to the track and thankfully so, which will keep it in rotation with most DJ's, including myself.

8. The Fall (richard durand remix) - Way Out West [bLACKHOLE]

- Released as part of the "Blackhole Special Collections", Richard Durand remixes a classic here. There's always some danger in playing around with a classic track, but lets face it, Richard Durand is on fire lately. Already showing his skill at reworking classics (see his reworks of "Flight 643" and "Lethal Industry"), Durand wastes no time on this one. Giving the track a hard edge bassline and HUGGGE synths makes this track a peak hour winner. Complete with a beautiful breakdown featuring the vocal, hands will no doubt be in the air when you drop this one.

9. Inside My Brain - Richard Durand [TERMINAL 4]

- Again can I say Durand is on fire? Finally released, "Inside My Brain" is a slight departure from the normal style of Durand-esqu tracks we're used to. This track can be described in one word, ENERGY. He takes a more electro route with this one, following a bouncy synth all the way thru the track. He also adds a nice breakdown to give you a chance to catch your breath, and then its back to the maddness. Check out Tiesto rockin it here--> www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKxkGbG5EkY

10. Music Matters (axwell remix) - Faithless [COLUMBIA/EPIC]

- Rollo and Sister Bliss 's track off their latest album, "To All New Arrivals" gets remixed here by Mr 2006 Axwell. I had 2 remixes from Axwell is my top 20 of 2006 and it probably should have been more. Appearing on the vocals is Cass Fox (who u remember from 'Touch Me'). The track is an anthem dedicated to music and those who helped make it what it is today. Axwell keeps a strong bassline going throughout, following it with some nice piano and strings. My favorite part has to be at 5 mins in, where Maxi Jazz comes in with his distinctive voice (the vocals in Insomnia, We Come One and more recentely Tiesto's Dance 4 Life). It's simply Maxi's voice, the kick, and the bassline. You will definitely hear me rockin this one repeatedly in my sets.

Thats it for February. I expect with March and the WMC in Miami on the horizon that my top 10 for March will be much more balenced with more representation from the house and tribal scene. Please support the artists and remember you can catch my mixshow every Monday at 4pm and again at 10 right here at www.antifmradio.com

mb