Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Vegas All Star Weekend - nice approach (commentary)

lalate

Went to my mailbox today and got a three-fold glossy invite from a top, top LA promotion team doing three nights of major hiphop events during All Star weekends.

The invite said - present this each night for discount entry and line pass.

Well not unique, I think a targetted mail campaign with basically a club-card pass for 3 nights of partying for a major weekend is a great approach from a promotion standpoint. Most invites I usually see delivered from LA teams that do Vegas gigs - there is about three LA cos that do their own complete nights (not piggybacks) in Vegas - are "here's the party, attend, and if you need bottle service we will treat you better, other than that no preferntial treatment for you even though you attend all our parties back home".

This invite however basically is implying - "you come out of town with us, we take care of you all three nights because you are previous patron of ours back home and you dont need to do bottles for us to treat you vip, and we are going to do that all 3 nights so you dont have to worry about finding another party each night"

What are your thought about 3-day weekend club cards from local teams bringing you to vegas and treating you vip because you patronize their events back home?