Clubplanet Nightlife Community

HOW DOES A DJ DO IT?

assuming you're talking about the top-fifteen types, they've got incredible DJ skills, luxury hotel rooms, first-class seats on all their flights, everything is paid-for and arranged, all they have to do is bring records, headphones and their hands. yeah, all the travel time is taxing on the body i'm sure, but the money prolly makes up for it, and the joy of playing your music to a crowd that's going nuts over your tracks.

I would like to add another facet.

If a deejay is playing two nights in a row a continent apart, I think the requirment for continually creating new original and creative sets is diminished. No one is going to know if it's the same set you played the night before! Once you establish a few songs that go well together, if you have enough small mixes that you like, you only need to worry about bridging your mixes, which should be easy for an experienced deejay. Hopefully, by the time a months has passed and you're back at that same club, your set will have evolved enough with new some new tracks that it will seem fresh.

I'll admit this does not lessen how physically gruelling it must be.

My heart really goes out to the club deejays who have to play to the same crowd every week for a whole night. These are the guys who are really challenged to keep it fresh.

------------------

keep it cutlary

www.spoonyd.iwarp.com

The energy you get from the crowd is better then any fucking drug out there. I have seen djs play 7hrs one set and then play half way across the country the next day. Yes I flew over to CA to see him again. Theres nothing better then seeing a crowd whipped up into a frenzy and dancing their asses off.

------------------

~*P*L*U*R*~

Four Simple Words To Live By....

Originally posted by lordgalactus:

It's their job, and it's what they enjoy doing. A lot of them do chemically enhanced themselves to get going though....I wonder how much crystalmeth a certain local dj goes through a night....hmmmm....

a lot for sure!!! and i was told so by another (the other?) local DJ

------------------

it's hot in here, it's dark in here