Clubplanet Nightlife Community

2007 MMA Thread: Pride, UFC, EXC, ROTR....

stymie

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was no way they were letting a decision go against bisping in england and jeopardize losing the english ufc following.. if bisping was american you KNOW the outcome would have been different..

LOL...

UFC 75 Judge Jeff Mullen Explains Bisping-Hamill Score

Posted by MMA Junkie on September 10, 2007 at 12:14 pm ET

070910mullen.jpgLongtime MMA judge Jeff Mullen, one of the two officials who scored Saturday’s UFC 75 fight between Michael Bisping and Matt Hamill as a victory for the U.K fighter, says that the angle in which he was watched the fight played a major role in his final decision.

The Bisping-Hamill fight took place Saturday at the 02 Arena in London, England. The final verdict was a controversial split-decision victory for Bisping, “The Ultimate Fighter 3†light-heavyweight winner.

Mullen, who says he first started judging UFC contests in 1996 (and has been doing it twice as long as any other current judge), recently posted a message on The Underground Forum, where he’s been a member since 2001.

Mullen argues that he had a clear view of Bisping early in the second round — a view that the television camera and the UFC broadcasters didn’t have — and that the local fighter “was landing the jab again and again and not getting hit.†Additionally, he argues that Bipsing was “using an active guard trying to turn for armbars and sweeps†in the second round while Hamill was “doing very little on top.“

Both Jeff Mullen and Cecil Peoples scored the fight 29-28 (awarding Bisping the second and third rounds) while British judge Chris Watts gave all three rounds to Hamill.

In the end, it was a controversial split-decision for Bisping.

“By the way, Mario Yamasaki thought Bisping won rounds two and three,†Mullen wrote. “Mario was the ref and had a better view than any of us.

Because England has no athletic commission, the UFC was responsible for regulating the event. UFC Vice President of Regulatory Affairs Marc Ratner was charged with the tasks of drug testing the fighters and choosing officials — including Mullen — to judge Saturday’s fights.

Because England has no athletic commission, the UFC was responsible for regulating the event. UFC Vice President of Regulatory Affairs Marc Ratner was charged with the tasks of drug testing the fighters and choosing officials — including Mullen — to judge Saturday’s fights.

3 posts?? did i strike a nerve?? you come across as a dick sometimes, intentional or accidental??

my point was that i think there are ulterior motives within the ufc.. we both know they want a bigger following overseas.. part of me thinks that they (the ufc) want bisping to get a title shot to really get the english fans more involved and get them ordering more ppv events.. call me crazy i guess..

also, part of me doesn't doubt some shady stuff going on if the fight were to "go to a decision." because it would better the ufc as a business if bisping won..

i wouldnt know whether the fans were booing or not because i left the bar i was at after the third round thinking hammill won.. i actually paid my friend the money we bet thinking hammill was going to win, hands down.. (i took bisping just cuz he was the favorite)..

i found out hammill won the next morning when i checked sherdog.. its funny i saw tito ortiz out after the fight and i was gonna ask him what he thought of hammill laying the asswhopping on bisping and why he wasnt there, but he was surrounded by bouncers so luckily i didn't embarrass myself..

so yes i lost respect for the ufc.. maybe by saying dana white i was going a little overboard but when you think of ufc his face comes to mind.. he is the president and it is a business..

and the ENGLISH crowd was booing bisping....

i dont get the logic here.. im a giants fan and i boo the giants every now and then.. you know that if you get the giants in the superbowl more fans are gonna come out of the woodworks and watch the game.. just like if bisping gets a title shot more fans from england are gonna order the event.. i really dont think it's that crazy of an idea...

he sucked it up out there... they should have booed him...

and the ENGLISH crowd was booing bisping....

what fight was that??? the crowd went nuts when they announced bisping as the winner and they went nuts when he entered the ring.. just watched it again on tivo.. when were the boos?? after watching it again it just makes me sicker..

3 posts?? did i strike a nerve?? you come across as a dick sometimes, intentional or accidental??

Oh Im sorry I forgot refer to my messageboard handbook in section 8 paragragh 3.1 that clearly states one must only reply once to someones post.... my bad. And the only nerve struck here is yours :laugh: Stop projecting.

Watch the fight for the 3rd time and turn your hearing aid up, there is a ton of people booing among the people cheering when the decision is announced.

Oh Im sorry I forgot refer to my messageboard handbook in section 8 paragragh 3.1 that clearly states one must only reply once to someones post.... my bad. And the only nerve struck here is yours :laugh: Stop projecting.

Watch the fight for the 3rd time and turn your hearing aid up, there is a ton of people booing among the people cheering when the decision is announced.

projecting?? you got all defensive like a little girl over my dana white comment like he's your father or something.. you made dick commets so yeah i got a little upset..

i guess if you want to argue over stupid bs i didnt reply to one of your posts 3 seperate times.. my 1st reply was to one of your posts.. my 2nd and 3rd was to another post of yours.. my third was after i watched the fight again..

all bs aside.. what boos?? the crowd went crazy.. did someone on sherdog say there were boos??

and lastly i think you're an idiot if you dont see where i'm coming from.. (at least see not agree) i don't think ufc wants one of their golden boys to start losing fights right after they give him a 6 figure contract.. they already have kendall grove and you know nate diaz is gonna be a bum as well..

projecting?? you got all defensive like a little girl over my dana white comment like he's your father or something.. you made dick commets so yeah i got a little upset..

i guess if you want to argue over stupid bs i didnt reply to one of your posts 3 seperate times.. my 1st reply was to one of your posts.. my 2nd and 3rd was to another post of yours.. my third was after i watched the fight again..

all bs aside.. what boos?? the crowd went crazy.. did someone on sherdog say there were boos??

and lastly i think you're an idiot if you dont see where i'm coming from.. (at least see not agree) i don't think ufc wants one of their golden boys to start losing fights right after they give him a 6 figure contract.. they already have kendall grove and you know nate diaz is gonna be a bum as well..

Actually I wasnt defensive at all.. I was laughing at your laughable comments. As far as dick comments go, if your gonna make comments blaming dana white for bad judging then expect to get ragged on. YES you are projecting. YOU are the one upset, you just admitted it LOL. I am laughing at you.

So if stupid bs is arguing over who replies to what posts however many times then why did YOU bring it up? lol (you are projecting again)

The boos? I guess you are right and Kevin Iole from yahoo sports is wrong right? http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_ylt=Av7lSznRWi5tS2Sn6GmDVyWUxLYF?slug=ki-bispinghamill090907&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Do you want me to find the other 3 articles I read on it confirming this for ya? Sherdog? lol... no YOU are the one that is citing sherdog.

And of course the UFC doesnt want bisping to start losing fights but what happened in this case with the bad judging is 100000 times worse than if he lost the fight. Bisping is only thier "golden boy" to the UK fans anyways. they have plenty of former TUF guys that are doing great... sanchez, Kos, Swick, Florian, Serra, Joe Daddy, Lauzon. And I didnt say I dont "see" where your coming from... I just didnt agree. I dont believe in conspiracy theories when it comes to MMA... this isnt boxing or PRIDE.

Actually I wasnt defensive at all.. I was laughing at your laughable comments. As far as dick comments go, if your gonna make comments blaming dana white for bad judging then expect to get ragged on. YES you are projecting. YOU are the one upset, you just admitted it LOL. I am laughing at you.

So if stupid bs is arguing over who replies to what posts however many times then why did YOU bring it up? lol (you are projecting again)

The boos? I guess you are right and Kevin Iole from yahoo sports is wrong right? http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_ylt=Av7lSznRWi5tS2Sn6GmDVyWUxLYF?slug=ki-bispinghamill090907&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Do you want me to find the other 3 articles I read on it confirming this for ya? Sherdog? lol... no YOU are the one that is citing sherdog.

And of course the UFC doesnt want bisping to start losing fights but what happened in this case with the bad judging is 100000 times worse than if he lost the fight. Bisping is only thier "golden boy" to the UK fans anyways. they have plenty of former TUF guys that are doing great... sanchez, Kos, Swick, Florian, Serra, Joe Daddy, Lauzon. And I didnt say I dont "see" where your coming from... I just didnt agree. I dont believe in conspiracy theories when it comes to MMA... this isnt boxing or PRIDE.

the dana white thing: he's the president of the UFC.. he's a businessman.. he and a few other guys bought it for 2 million a few years back and now it's worth who knows how much.. they want to better the business and bring in new customers.. the bisping fight in england you said it yourself "the ufc had to find judges and do their own drug tests".. while i cant blame dana directly for bad judging i think you can see that he could have had a hand in it pre-fight..

sherdog/other articles/a source who heard from another source, it's all the same... watch the fight again, form your own opinion, don't rely on someone else's.. i heard what i head, no article can tell me different..

yeah i know they have plenty of other tuf fighters that are great.. florian and stevenson are 2 of my favorites in mma right now.. kendall grove will be a bust as will nate diaz.. but my point was that i think it's a shame that hammill got robbed possibly for the sake of bettering the ppv numbers in england..

while i lost respect for the ufc i will still continue to watch the events and iim looking forward to the new season of tuf next week..

I dunno... creeps like Gary Shaw (the boxing promoter.. i think thats his name) own eliteXC and guys like Mark Cuban are all of the sudden involved now so MMA's demise may be in the not so distant future.

http://mmajunkie.com/2007/09/14/cubans-slow-brew-from-yahoo-sports/

Dunno if it mentions it in there but Fedor was in negotiations with Mark fucking Cuban... wtf go away cuban

I herad about that...I dont know how I feel about Mark Cuban, but there needs to be more exposure for the up and coming fighters trying to make a name for themselves. I cant stand how the UFC will showcase a fighter and give him legit fights for the simple fact that he's been on TUF and people know his name even though his skills are crap. There are too many people that are too good but cant get a real fight

BTW, I heard a little about Cubans long term plans. He wants to set it up with General Cinema where you can go watch a fight in a movie theater. I'm real iffy on the idea......

yeah I dont think Id ever to to a theatre to watch a fight... I dunno maybe if they were live and they sold cheap beer & buffalo wings

Showtime Sat night - EliteXC dont miss it!!

Ninja Rua vs Robbie Lawler

Cheruto vs Jake Shields

plus nick diaz and GINA CARANO!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah I dont think Id ever to to a theatre to watch a fight... I dunno maybe if they were live and they sold cheap beer & buffalo wings

Showtime Sat night - EliteXC dont miss it!!

Ninja Rua vs Robbie Lawler

Cheruto vs Jake Shields

plus nick diaz and GINA CARANO!!!!!!!!!!!

It would be live..thats one of the things about it. Dont know if General Cinema would be kosher with the wings & beer tho.....

And this is what I hate...I dont get showtime so I gotta find someone that does. ughhh

Yeah, Stymie definitely gets a tad aggressive when it comes to MMA. He used to bully me constantly on Sherdog, just because I preferred PRIDE. Go look at his posts, his screen name is IDONTTOUCHGLOVES69, and his signature says “#1 Tim Sylvia Fan!â€

I cant stand how the UFC will showcase a fighter and give him legit fights for the simple fact that he's been on TUF and people know his name even though his skills are crap. There are too many people that are too good but cant get a real fight

TUF destroyed MMA. There is room in the UFC for fighters like Jardine and Bonnar, but apparently Arona and Sokoudjou don't make the grade. :blown:

TUF destroyed MMA. There is room in the UFC for fighters like Jardine and Bonnar, but apparently Arona and Sokoudjou don't make the grade. :blown:

the corey hill thing i didnt get either.. the guy never fought a mma fight in his life yet he makes the show.. ehh what are ya gonna do..

ill have to check this elitexc tonight and see what it's all about

mmamadness.com....

"Expecting to settle a deal with UFC, the BJJ black Belt Ricardo Arona, who hasn't fought since April 8th when he was defeated by the Camaronean Thierry Romeau Sokoudjou at Pride 34, will teach in a seminar for the Rafael Haubert pupils at the Brazilian Top Team Filial in Barcelona, Spain. BJJ Mundial champion and ADCC champion Arona will teach at the seminar on October 6th."

"In other in-ring happenings this evening, the most notorious Gracie family fighter, Rickson Gracie, came into the HERO'S ring to announce his intention to return to fighting.

Though no opponent or date was specified, Gracie expressed to the fans in attendance that "I'd like to fight forever, but that's not possible. But, I think there's still one good fight left in me though."

the forrest win was a nice little surprise... and i wonder what is next for chuck..

those were some serious upsets at light heavy on saturday...Chuck has to climb a huge ladder now

I'm sure Dana White thought Rua was the next big ticket vs. Rampage, but not anymore. I'm still surprised Forrest pulled it off.

It seems like these pride guys are coming in out of shape and underestimating the rest of the competition throughout the world.....all except Hendo and Rampage