Clubplanet Nightlife Community

2007 MMA Thread: Pride, UFC, EXC, ROTR....

stymie

those were some serious upsets at light heavy on saturday...Chuck has to climb a huge ladder now

I'm sure Dana White thought Rua was the next big ticket vs. Rampage, but not anymore. I'm still surprised Forrest pulled it off.

It seems like these pride guys are coming in out of shape and underestimating the rest of the competition throughout the world.....all except Hendo and Rampage

forrest looked good but he'll need another fight before he gets rampage.. but then again he's a fan favorite and that might draw a big crowd so who knows..

the way the night was going the jardine win didnt surprise me.. i think every televised fight was an upset except for the umbrella guy.. and the sanchez/fitch fight which was pretty even..

where do you watch the fights?? i know hooters in gaslamp has it for free.. good beer specials and good wings.. can't go wrong..

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

There's a lot more to that story as well.....

Like the fact that Couture was getting a lot less pay per fight then the likes of Ortiz, Liddel, Rampage, etc. when they weren't even in championship fights and he was producing the same draw. It was more of an insult to him and the fact that he wasnt promised the same amt per fight got him upset and he made the decision to tell Dana to stick it even though he's leaving a championship vacant

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...