Clubplanet Nightlife Community

2007 MMA Thread: Pride, UFC, EXC, ROTR....

stymie

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sherdog is like a collective of condescending little full of shit prick mma silverbulls... its tough to even read the titles of the threads let alone actually read whats inside of them... the radio shows and artciles are great but the forums... :blown:

ufcjunkie.com is by far the best for ufc

Matt Serra: Georges St. Pierre “Drew First Blood”

Posted by UFC Junkie on May 16, 2007 at 10:36 pm ET

070408serra1.jpgFormer UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre, who’s long been considered one of the most respected fighters in mixed-martial arts, has finally landed a real and vocal enemy.

And it’s the man who beat him last month at UFC 69: Matt Serra.

Over the weekend, St. Pierre appeared on FAN 590, a sports radio station in Toronto, to talk about his upset loss to Serra, who earned the title shot by winning the welterweight division of The Ultimate Fighter 4. During the interview, St. Pierre said he didn’t take Serra that seriously and figured he could beat his opponent easily.

“I shouldn’t have taken the fight,” St. Pierre said in the interview. “I only trained two weeks, and my knee wasn’t 100 percent. If I were fighting Matt Hughes, I would have never taken the fight, but I told myself [that] it’s Matt Serra [and that I] could beat this guy easily.“

Intentional or not, the insult stung Serra badly. Really badly.

The new champ appeared on MMAWeekly Radio tonight and launched into a diatribe about St. Pierre — one that lasted nearly an hour.

“I like George, but he’s got to be retarded if he doesn’t think I’ll take offense to what he said,” said Serra. “How wouldn’t I? I mean c’mon man… It’s disappointing, and it’s disheartening.

“It’s so weird because on one hand, I really liked the guy. I would never kick a guy when he was down like that. I’m just not like that. I really liked him. But I think he drew first blood here.“

Despite the obvious (and justified) resentment toward St. Pierre, Serra did stay upbeat and made light of the situation. Sounding more confused and disappointed than angry and vengeful, he even made light of his own tirade.

“Man, you get the belt, and you think you’d mature a bit,” he said. “Guess not.“

While on the show, Serra confirmed that he’ll begin taping the upcoming sixth season of The Ultimate Fighter with arch enemy and rival coach Matt Hughes around June 6.

The show will feature 16 welterweight fighters and is set to debut on Spike TV in September. Serra and Hughes are then expected to fight for the title on the show’s live finale sometime in December.

Serra also confirmed that he plans to bring in legendary trainer Ray Longo and UFC veteran Pete “Drago” Sell as his assistant coaches.

For the latest news about The Ultimate Fighter 6, check out the UFC Rumors section here at UFCjunkie.com.

Its still shocking to see no one really giving Rampage a shot

I'm guilty as charged, but in all honesty, did you expect to win your bet?

Rampage got destroyed by great Muay Thai fighters, "Shogun" Rua and Wanderlei Silva (twice!) in the past two (or three?) years. Since Chuck is the best at sprawling/takedown defense and has incredible striking, I thought he would now be a matchup nightmare for Rampage.

After being destroyed by Rua and Silva, I didn't think Rampage would stand a chance against a great striker like Chuck. I couldn't have been more wrong.

haha yeah I thought the same exact thing as you... wow.... I think this was a WAY bigger upset than silvia, GSP and crocop losing. I threw money down on Serra and won alot... I ALMOST bet the fucking farm on Lidell.... thank god I didnt.... Id be sleeping in the dog house for the next few weeks lol.

Next upset is Nate Marquadt (sp?) taking Anderson Silvas MW title.

**And Dan henderson and Shogun Rua fighting in the UFC now is fucking awesome... gonna be some exciting fights coming up in the next yr...