Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Jason Jollins - NYC's Top Progressive House DJ | Friday, Feb 23 | Joe Blacks

yourhartford

From what I heard this event didnt go too well. I guess joe blacks has new promoters on fridays now from what I hear.

any club can book any dj any night of the week some things just don't work in CT.

We have had alot of DJ's at Alchemy besides JP and Boris I guess you havent been paying as much attention as you thought..

Its very hard filling a big room and big club with certain DJ's..

big things coming in 07...

From what I heard this event didnt go too well. I guess joe blacks has new promoters on fridays now from what I hear.

any club can book any dj any night of the week some things just don't work in CT.

We have had alot of DJ's at Alchemy besides JP and Boris I guess you havent been paying as much attention as you thought..

Oh gee Jimmy,

Sorry....I forgot Johnny Viscious, Exacta, Serge Devant, and a few other scrub NY djs that can't get booked anywhere else but the tristate area.

Bro....You come up all in here constantly making Alchemy out to be the best club around.....LOL. You critcize other clubs, promotors, and other parties around. Well at least their trying to do something and not the same old boring tired crap like you. :constipa::flush:

The fact of the matter is your club, sound system, and all your parties are a joke. :cheese: Alchemy is the weakest spot around. Everytime I walk into the place, the main dance floor feels like 2001 that use to be on the Berlin Turpike. Alchemy should be out in the burbs somewhere not in the middle of New haven.

Please....do New Haven and CT a favor and implode Alchemy. :bits: The sad part is boppers and Gecko were more exciting in that building then what you have now.

Big things in 07...what, CASCADA AND JP PERFORMING THE SAME NIGHT????

:lame:

Fuckin hysterical. We do Cascada on a weds night get almost 600 people to the club and you choose to break balls she is by far the biggest dance vocal artist of 2005 - 2006 and will be in 2007.

Obviously you have never promoted an event at a club.

I am not going to go into reasons behind why we book what artists we book but we do what we do because it works..

Why don't you tell me who you want to book at the club I will set it up give me your 10 or 15k and we will see what happens at the end of the night..

no seriously tell me who would make you tingle while you are on the dancefloor.. You will probably come for the JP event even though you are trashing it..

some DJ's dont really need to play outside of NYC

Last time Jollins played Room 960 the venue was filled to capacity by 11:30pm, the doors had to be closed.

Comparing JP and Borris to Jason Jollins is like comparing Louie Devito to Sasha. lol

Borris and JP are good at what they do, but they are a completely different sound to that of Jason Jollins, commercial sounds vs. music driven sounds.

Last time Jollins played Room 960 the venue was filled to capacity by 11:30pm, the doors had to be closed.

Comparing JP and Borris to Jason Jollins is like comparing Louie Devito to Sasha. lol

Borris and JP are good at what they do, but they are a completely different sound to that of Jason Jollins, commercial sounds vs. music driven sounds.

I wasnt comparing Jason Jollins to anyone they just say we book scrubs like boris and JP which they are not scrubs at all..

As I said it is very hard to fill a BIG CLUB with some names

My thoughts exactly. It's all about quality vs quantity which is what Alchemy doesn't understand. Jimmy obviously if Kc101 and 95.7 is playing some song four times an hour, like Cascada, obviously people will come because it's the latest rage

No I wouldn't get caught at one your events featuring JP, Louie Devito, Boris, Bad Boy Joe, Danny Tsettos, Dj Mary Palm and the 5 finigers or whatever crappy Nyc dj you choose to book this week. The reason why you book these djs is because you don't know jack about good music even if it hit you.

Look at promotors like Bora Celik, take an example from him. He's all about producing a quality event. Yes he may not have your numbers but then again he chooses not to book crap. He's introducing CT to good music, yes it's taking a while but he's getting there. If he chose to have Boris play at one of his events he too would be pulling in the numbers.

The reason why your djs can't booked outside the tri state area because they suck. Go to places like Ibiza, Montreal, and greece no one has a clue who Jp or Boris is.

People post reviews about their parties and your so quick to respond with unnecessary negative comments. I remember reading a post a few months back you were talking shit about 960s sound saying that it was bad and cracking all the time. Bro... speak for yourself. Is Alchemy still using Guitar and Bass amps for its sound??? The cheap way out. You state that other people's party don't have numbers to your satisfaction and so therfore it bombed and the promotors suck. Sorry that a sucessful party to you is 600 people lip sinking and shaking it to castles in the sky.

wait, devant sucks?

Well i cant talk about anything, i hear where both of you are comin from. Its def better to have a good dj playin good music even if alot of people ct dont come out to here em, i def like it better like that, but im sure clubs dont wanna lose any money on a event... they are in the buisness to make money and if thats the only way to do it is to get JP you know thats gonna happen more often then gettin someone else...

For some its just about the $$$ and some its about quality like u say cakewalk.,..

$30 - $40 cover makes anything bookable. we cant charge that because we have a 700 - 1000 people that come every week even when there is no event...

You have answered your own original question in this reply. "Look at promotors like Bora Celik, take an example from him. He's all about producing a quality event. Yes he may not have your numbers but then again he chooses not to book crap. He's introducing CT to good music, yes it's taking a while but he's getting there."

we are re-introducing our part of the state to house music it is a very difficult project so please let those who know what they are doing do it and just shut up and either go to the events or dont go to the events. You still havent named a DJ you would like to hear . I definitely know alot about house music and have been to some incredible events in my time.

We are the only club south of hartford that even plays house music. Its also wierd that you say that Boris is so bad but if the other club did it it would be packed that makes no sense. Room 960 did have some sound issues they definitely corrected that issue. as far as sound in the main room at Alchemy I would have to say that it sounds pretty damn good one of the top 4 in the state If you could name 2 of the other top 3 I would be surprised.

I talk shit about no ones parties except for the fact that I am glad that Black Fridays is no more they came in the wrong way talked way too much shit tried to fuck with everyone elses events and in the end it is back to what it was Alchemy and 960..

Big things to come in 2007 my child big things to come...

I am now done replying to you if you want to talk further send me a message and tell me who you are and I will explain to you the history of EDM as I have experienced it

$30 - $40 cover makes anything bookable. we cant charge that because we have a 700 - 1000 people that come every week even when there is no event...

You have answered your own original question in this reply. "Look at promotors like Bora Celik, take an example from him. He's all about producing a quality event. Yes he may not have your numbers but then again he chooses not to book crap. He's introducing CT to good music, yes it's taking a while but he's getting there."

we are re-introducing our part of the state to house music it is a very difficult project so please let those who know what they are doing do it and just shut up and either go to the events or dont go to the events. You still havent named a DJ you would like to hear . I definitely know alot about house music and have been to some incredible events in my time.

We are the only club south of hartford that even plays house music. Its also wierd that you say that Boris is so bad but if the other club did it it would be packed that makes no sense. Room 960 did have some sound issues they definitely corrected that issue. as far as sound in the main room at Alchemy I would have to say that it sounds pretty damn good one of the top 4 in the state If you could name 2 of the other top 3 I would be surprised.

I talk shit about no ones parties except for the fact that I am glad that Black Fridays is no more they came in the wrong way talked way too much shit tried to fuck with everyone elses events and in the end it is back to what it was Alchemy and 960..

Big things to come in 2007 my child big things to come...

I am now done replying to you if you want to talk further send me a message and tell me who you are and I will explain to you the history of EDM as I have experienced it

LOL you were scared of Black Fridays when you were in New Haven. This is hilarious! Do some research before you make stupid comments and talk shit about other promoters. Black Friday's still happenning. Yes, maybe under a new name or whatever but I'm sure they will still fuck with other people's events. Don't you fuck with other people's events? Doesn't Bora? Doesn't Kashif? I think its fair competition which you shouldn't shit in your pants about. Would you say the same thing if I said Bora might be doing events at Joe Blacks? Kashif is still doing events there, not weekly but once a month or so. this I know by looking at his site.

I'll just leave you with this last note..

A MASSIVE NEW NIGHTCLUB IS OPENING UP IN HARTFORD THAT WILL PLAY HOUSE MUSIC ONLY! THEY WILL HAVE THE WORLD'S BIGGEST DJS SPIN EVERY FRIDAY NIGHT! THEY HAVE STARTED CONSTRUCTION ALREADY AND WILL PROBABLY BE THE BEST LOOKING NIGHTCLUB WITH THE BEST SOUND SYSTEM AND LIGHTS EVER BUILT IN CT!

peace out...

good luck to any new nightclub that opens..

definitely never scared of black fridays

and when booking events I try to avoid dates that other people have stuff going the scene is too small to be cut throat. I also believe when we had one night that events clashed between us and joe blacks and I think we won HAHA. If another big club opens in hartford and goes big every Friday we will go bigger. Any club can be busy for a few months its hard to stay busy for a few years.. Talk to me in a few years .

Alchemy over 750,000 served sounds like McDonalds no other club in the history of CT can say that

We are undergoing a complete renovation. If we need to go bigger we will we have a space that holds over 350 people that we dont even use right now that is attached to Alchemy.

I would love to see bora do events at joe blacks he would at least do the events right not just throw sound in the corner and let the dj play.. it is very hard to make a room sound good when you have to install the sound every week.

Honestly what the hell do you know about House music..what exactly is your education???

Vibe, Insomnia, System, Velvet's,Heaven's edge, and all those other shitty past CT night clubs????? Or was it that sorry ass Michael Meecham, who couldn't even hack it in the New haven because he couldn't keep his nose clean.

Jimmy prior to becoming Al's right man at Alchemy, you were the club's gopher.

Admit it, you stocked the bar, swept the floor, and clean the toilets. I use to see with the broom on the dance floor at the end of the night.

I'd like to see Djs such as Derek Carter, Doc Martin, Dj Vibe, Roger Sanches, DT, Don Skeye, Victor Calderone, David Morales, and Boy Rick just to name a few.

you guys fuckin serious today

education huh

lots and lots of parties at all those shitty clubs in CT that were all great at the time.. Every possible columns of knowledge party he had (that is real music peoples) Sound Factory for like 2 years exit for at least one (the erector set room changed my life forever) about a year or so at twilo couple whistle events a bunch of brass monkey events. A couple years in between are a blur. A few long stays at this little club called space and crobar in miami.The countdown events were the bomb..(I am still counting)

a couple salt shakers full of ck1 & every letter in the alphabet

never cleaned anything (people would laugh if they read this) or swept floors

michael meacham was a great dj and is now doing lighting installations at some of the biggest clubs in the US.. he is a great friend

never a gopher

I unstock the bar every night

we are working on some of them there DJ's .

is this don skye

you guys fuckin serious today

education huh

lots and lots of parties at all those shitty clubs in CT that were all great at the time.. Every possible columns of knowledge party he had (that is real music peoples) Sound Factory for like 2 years exit for at least one (the erector set room changed my life forever) about a year or so at twilo couple whistle events a bunch of brass monkey events. A couple years in between are a blur. A few long stays at this little club called space and crobar in miami.The countdown events were the bomb..(I am still counting)

a couple salt shakers full of ck1 & every letter in the alphabet

never cleaned anything (people would laugh if they read this) or swept floors

michael meacham was a great dj and is now doing lighting installations at some of the biggest clubs in the US.. he is a great friend

never a gopher

I unstock the bar every night

we are working on some of them there DJ's .

is this don skye

Chris McDonald and his sorry sad crack head events. Where there were 20 djs a night and everyone got to spin a 15 minute...whooop de dooo. It's no wonder why Chris couldn't throw one sucessful party and always went broke. The "god father" of the CT rave scene...please...rave on

Let me guess your other hero must have been Frankie " I crash every mix" Bones.

You come in here openly talking about doing drugs...your fucking pathetic. Maybe that may explain why Alchemy has been able to stay open this long with such shitty numbers. Also may explain how you went from scrubbing toilets to your current position at the club now. I always knew you were doing something shady on the side.

Sound Factory on 46 and exit two of the worst clubs in nyc history...no wonder why tunnel and bridge people like you think the world of those two places.

What parties did you frquent at Twilo???

No this isn't Don but he was definitely one of most influential "underground" djs in New Haven. From his days at Gotham, Bar, and to Funktion. He contributed alot of positive things to the scene then you will ever in your lifetime.

People like you are in the scene for the wrong reasons.

The only dj you may come close to booking from my list is probably Boy Rick.

Isnt Jimmy the Fat fuck who works at Alchemy tryin to pick up chics by sayin "I'm a homo but I can let you fuck me up the ass with a dildo"

Jeez Jimmy, you need to stop talking shit about people when you yourself are nothing but a dirty used tampon that just got flushed by the dirtiest public toilet in South America.

"I'm Jimmy, wanna fuck my belly" HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA

hate frankie bones but when you play on 4 + turntables all the time shit is bound to go wrong from time to time

never did I say the name of a drug anywhere on here

sound factory was a great club excellent layout incredible sound great events and dance culture friendly staff. exit is one of the best clubs I have ever been to that place is massive nothing like being on that dancefloor the only bad thing was getting lost in the fucking place they had rooms everywhere..

I am in the same position that I started in 2 months before the club opened I can get no higher a position for what I do unless I buy the place.

wasnt twilo it was tunnel my bad (saturdays with pussy lee i think) also the body and soul parties every sunday afternoon after the tsunami parties saturday night thats a party experience

boy rick huh.. not happening.

I am not even going to comment on anything with don because I respect him and he was definitely a good dj. I am still contributing to the only scene in New Haven.

get a life about being gay I am married and don't care to pick girls up..

I plan on doing steroids in 2010 so I will be jacked for a good 3 months around that time i will let you know how it goes until then I am good.

why are you trash talking chris now.. I am done replying to your shit.

hate frankie bones but when you play on 4 + turntables all the time shit is bound to go wrong from time to time

never did I say the name of a drug anywhere on here

sound factory was a great club excellent layout incredible sound great events and dance culture friendly staff. exit is one of the best clubs I have ever been to that place is massive nothing like being on that dancefloor the only bad thing was getting lost in the fucking place they had rooms everywhere..

I am in the same position that I started in 2 months before the club opened I can get no higher a position for what I do unless I buy the place.

wasnt twilo it was tunnel my bad (saturdays with pussy lee i think) also the body and soul parties every sunday afternoon after the tsunami parties saturday night thats a party experience

boy rick huh.. not happening.

I am not even going to comment on anything with don because I respect him and he was definitely a good dj. I am still contributing to the only scene in New Haven.

get a life about being gay I am married and don't care to pick girls up..

I plan on doing steroids in 2010 so I will be jacked for a good 3 months around that time i will let you know how it goes until then I am good.

why are you trash talking chris now.. I am done replying to your shit.

Bones never spun on four table...hell he can't even spin on two. Carl Cox spun on four.

Salt shakers,CK1, and evey letter in the alphabet. Don't play dumbass??? Your talking about drugs asswipe.

What year were you going to Tunnel...saturdays were gay with the Kurfew parties. Actually it was Dtour with DT and Kurfew went on at the same time. Dt left tunnel around the fall of 98.

You went to Body & Soul??? Stop lying!!!! Name the djs and the promotor at that party. If you actually went to that party then you didn't learn anything...you spin crappy house and throws shitty parties which body and soul was the oppisite of.

Tsunami was all Goa Trance was Vinyl from time to time. I still see their flyers here and there.

bones definitely spun on 4 turntables..

definitely a crappy party from time to time 3 or more nights a week for 7+ years your bound to have a terrible night here and there it happens thats why not everyone is a promoter if it was easy everyone would do it.

Francois k and Joe Klausell (sp) and one more I forget his name . didnt really care who the promoters were

tsunami was bi monthly at vinyl and was definitely more then goa that was some hard ass psychadelic trance that was incredible music.. vinyl had the best system when they would get both systems going at once it was insane.

I learned alot at every party I went to I am sorry that you think I am playing crappy house music complain to the producers i only play what I can buy I don't do any production.

went to tunnel during the kurfew parties not because I am gay or bi I am as straight as they come but it was a sikk ass party early there then factory late I think we used to go alot for keoki

This thread is pathetic.

scoobeedoo01, Jimmy, or whoever you are... Let the drama and the bashing that you are receiving in this thread be a lesson to you.

You claim that you know so much about the scene yet you don't know about simple things like promoter etiquette.

This all started because you posted in another promoters thread, bashed them and bashed the venue that they work for because you feel that they are in direct competition with the venue that you work for.

All that you are doing is making yourself and the venue that you work for look rude, unprofessional and amature.

You should be working with the promoters located in other cities (flight shares, joint promotions, etc...) to help build the scene throughout Connecticut.

Instead, you are fighting with other promoters and bringing down the scene with it.

DEFINITELY A PATHETIC THREAD..

i ONLY AM BASHING the leader of THIS CREW FOR THE FACT THAT THEY TRIED TO F*CK UP THE SCENE.. I work with the promoters who work with improving the scene. The rest of this crew seems pretty chill.

They are not in direct competition with anything that we do at our venue and they are definitely not in competition with us now LOL

it is what it is

DEFINITELY A PATHETIC THREAD..

i ONLY AM BASHING the leader of THIS CREW FOR THE FACT THAT THEY TRIED TO F*CK UP THE SCENE.. I work with the promoters who work with improving the scene. The rest of this crew seems pretty chill.

They are not in direct competition with anything that we do at our venue and they are definitely not in competition with us now LOL

it is what it is

You kidding me? lol

You are a promoter, posting in another promoters thread, bashing them, bashing there event, bashing the venue they work at.

In your eyes this promoter is trying to fuck up the scene because you feel he is competition to you.

Afterall, he booked one of your favorite dj's (Boris) and has brought in some great talent since the beginning. He built a whole new venue for Hartford and packed this venue on several occasions. How is this hurting the scene?

You are consistantly booking dj's that play only in the tri-state area, the promoter that you claim is ruining the scene books the same dj's and also books dj's like Jason Jollins who play all over the world.

Everyone reading this thread (shy of maybe your mom and your best friend) can see how pathetic you are, and how bad you are representing the venue that you work for.

When Pacha opened in NYC, the whole staff of Crobar went to the grand opening (management, owners, etc...) to support it. You would be hard pressed to find promoters in NYC bashing each other on message boards.

If I was the owner / management of Alchemy, you would be fired in a second.

All that you are doing in this thread is embarrasing yourself and bringing down Alchemy with you.