Clubplanet Nightlife Community

space girl at red this friday...

weyes

i wanna go see space girl tomorrow; she was one of my favorite djs back in the day :D . i credit her with "setting me free on the dancefloor:"

on july 6, 2000, i went to a rave all alone. i hadn't been going to parties for a long time 'cause i had just moved and didn't have any friends who liked to go out dancing. i finally decided to go to this party 'cause it had a weird lineup that included slick rick, of all people. how could i miss that?

the dancefloor stayed empty for a while that night. when space girl came on, though, i was somehow driven to just let it all go out there. it was the first time i really didn't care what other people thought of how i looked when i danced or when i was alone. i never missed one of her parties again.

she very rarely comes out here and she's at red tomorrow (friday) and free before 11, if you're on the list (myspace.com/Nexxez). my roommate is saying he doesn't want to go 'cause it's too expensive :confused: ... i'm paying for gas, admission is free, but he's saying he doesn't want to go because he HAS to drink. people give me excuses for things... why don't people just say they don't want to go?

anycrap, i recommend her. i don't know if i can still dance to what she plays (she's live, not a dj), but her music is compelling and in a genre of its own... if i can gather up the nerve i used to have, i'll probably be there by myself.

hope some of you will take advantage of her visit!

ooo - crap, shorty; i ended up not going :( . i wish i had seen that you were. i thought that going alone would make me sadder than happier, so i decided not to. perhaps if i had known she was coming further in advance i could've prepared myself better, but red didn't announce her gig till the last minute.

how was it :) ?

Here's a video that I took .. :)

Sorry if you didn't hear about her coming to REd until the week of .. trying to get the guys to change the way they promote ..

thanks!

yeah; i'm on their mailing list and that didn't even send out the news till the week of :boohoo: .