Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oakenfold??

Just so I don't have to hear peoples crying about the scene. The people at Tavern Saturday will be us "trendy" scene people. Who as so many of you so label us.

So I don't want to hear anyone bitch like most of you always do.

------------------

Matthew

Saci Fri, Joe's Pub Sat.

flavapromo2@aol.com

The quality of Oakey's sets has depreciated greatly this summer. I didn't bother with the Roseland, after hearing him at Pacha in Ibiza. He really wasn't mixing well, and his choice of songs wasn't indicative of the millions of great tunes he owns. For someone who has the access to amazing unreleased songs, he doesn't have to play Pearl Jam's "Can't find a better man" in the middle of a trance set. (and one would expect him to be awesome in Ibiza)

Why sit in traffic on the LIE to go all the way to the Hamptons to see him?

Originally posted by abgrover:

The quality of Oakey's sets has depreciated greatly this summer. I didn't bother with the Roseland, after hearing him at Pacha in Ibiza. He really wasn't mixing well, and his choice of songs wasn't indicative of the millions of great tunes he owns. For someone who has the access to amazing unreleased songs, he doesn't have to play Pearl Jam's "Can't find a better man" in the middle of a trance set. (and one would expect him to be awesome in Ibiza)

Why sit in traffic on the LIE to go all the way to the Hamptons to see him?

i agree his skills are diminishing, last roxy show and roseland show were both average at best. i still wouldnt mind using oakey as an excuse to get a weekend at the hamptons in though, havent been all year. i hear cpis and life both suck this year, so didnt bother.

------------------

deez nuts

Howdy ya'll...... just found this board and I'm glad I did. Several friends of mine were considering going to Avalon in Boston to see Oakenfold, but we heard he might be playing in the Hamptons. I guess those rumors are correct........

Can anyone provide details on how to get tix, as well as the actual venue ("Tavern")? T'would be much appreciated.....

-=Vejita=-

Right on no limit. He aint great but its the best party goin down on Sat.

abgrover!!! I was at the fucking same show at Pacha in Ibiza! Or at least I think i was, (around the week of July 4) he threw down some rock track for a few lines, of which I didn't pay great attention to. Interseting change especially if you used to be into that scene. Wasn't a great set but then again you don't go there expecting to get blown away. Take him for what he's worth.

Lets all organize a meet up...

------------------

*************************I have to thank god for the music.

treschic,

Wow.. Excellent alternative. Unfortunately, like 20 of us are going to make a road trip out of this. Play some phatt tunes on the way, lay out by the pool, smoke some doobs, and get ready for the big night out.

Let us know how Mills was.

Oakey -v- Mills?

No contest -> Oakey played the opening of home over here a couple years ago, he played Robert Miles 'children' and anthem after anthem.... not very impressive....

Then you have Mills 3 decks and a 303 @ pace, chopping it up @ pace -> nuff said biggrin.gif

------------------

..................coming soon to a dancefloor near you------------------> boa_boy@yahoo.com