Clubplanet Nightlife Community

"wmc 2007" i will never forget you

mrmovement33

i didn't go out until friday 3/23/07. i caught justin long, jt donaldson, jason hodges, and sound republic at the chelsea hotel. a great chicago jackin house party.

saturday 3/24/07 was the highlight for me. tommie sunshine, mstrkrft, princess superstar, damian lazarus, and pier bucci. at studio a. my first time to studio a. i was on planet "x". what a wicked night of techno and electro. so many women. tommie sunshine was sick..sick...sick. he must have spun for about 4 hours. with his long hairf and dark sunglasses. the man threw bomb after bomb....but the ones who blew me away were mstrkrft. a little bit grimy are these guys. a little bit dirty and filthy. made me jump and bounce all threw thier set. no wonder these guys are currently touring with john. digweed all over the world.

this conference, though only two nights for me was about the future of dance music. electro, acid, techno, minimal techno, jackin. i felt so free on saturday night and well into sunday morning. i can't wait until next year.

i am not missing that sunday party for degenerates next year.

cheers,

abe

hey mates here is a listing of the diamonds "07" tour feat. john digweed and mstrkrft. mstrkrft is being introduced to the entire united states underground scene.

Thursday, March 1st, 2007 Portland, OR Pala

Friday, March 2nd, 2007 San Francisco, CA Ruby Skye

Saturday, March 3rd, 2007 Los Angeles, CA Vanguard

Sunday, March 4th, 2007 San Diego, CA Belo

Wednesday, March 7th, 2007 Phoenix, AZ Axis/Radius

Thursday, March 8th, 2007 Las Vegas, NV Jet

Friday, March 9th, 2007 Minneapolis, MN Myth

Saturday, March 10th, 2007 Denver, CO Vinyl

Tuesday, March 13th, 2007 St. Louis, MO Dantes

Thursday, March 15th, 2007 Houston, TX Warehouse Live

Friday, March 16th, 2007 Austin, TX SPIN

Saturday, March 17th, 2007 Dallas, TX Karma

Sunday, March 18th, 2007 New Orleans, LA Ampersand

Tuesday, March 20th, 2007 Miami, FL Pawn Shop (WMC 2007)

Tuesday, March 27th, 2007 Atlanta, GA Blue

Wednesday, March 28th, 2007 Nashville, TN Club Play

Thursday, March 29th, 2007 Charlotte, NC The Forum

Friday, March 30th, 2007 Washington, DC 9:30 Club

Saturday, March 31st, 2007 New York City, NY Pacha

...tommie sunshine was sick..sick...sick. he must have spun for about 4 hours. with his long hairf and dark sunglasses. the man threw bomb after bomb....

I was at Pawn Shop for an Aquabooty party and Tommie was spinning in the main room. He looked like he walked in straight from Burning Man. I didn't find his set unbelievable but it was certainly varied and he had the room going much longer than those open format clowns who normally spin on Saturdays. :D

My first time at Winter Music Conference was one of the best times of my life. Everything seemed to click together just right. Here is a rundown of my trip.

I arrived at Ft. Lauderdale airport Thursday evening. Brian picked me up in his ultra exclusive Ford Focus rental. We dropped my bags off at his Condo and promptly headed to the Clevlander Hotel as it was already getting late. There was a full on party outside by the pool in progress. We grabbed a seat close by the make shift dance floor and ordered are food. The party was streaming live on XM, and it was going off. We ate are food and people watched for a little bit. We had to leave though as it was getting late and we wanted to make sure we got into B.E.D..

We arrived at B.E.D. to see Above & Beyond. It was a little dead in the beginning. Within the hour though the place was packed wall to wall with people. There were speakers brought in just for the conference that went all the way up to the ceiling. The ratio of guys to girls was not that good though. There were probably 3 guys for every girl in the place. That didn’t stop the fun though. The place went mental from the time Above & Beyond came on around midnight until we left around 4:15. People were singing all the words to the songs out loud. It was definatly a good time. After we left we tried to get into Nikki Beach. We didn’t get in though because they wanted full price and it closed in half an hour. So we decided to call it a night.

The next day we lounged around the pool and beach just relaxing. At night we decided to pre-party again at the Clevlander. We ended up staying there till 11:30, not a good idea. We were going to try and go to Cameo to see Bob Sinclar. It wasn’t meant to be as the place was packed and there was no sort of line going on, just a big mob of people. Beings we didn’t have a flock of beautiful girls with us, there was no way the bouncer was going to let us in. So we tried a couple of other clubs and ended up with the same luck. So we decided to head back to the Clevlander. It was definatly a good idea as the place was packed. We danced a little bit, but mainly just people watched and drank. We decided to head back to the condo around 4. When we got back we decided to go to the hot tub. We had a couple of drinks and then went to bed to get ready for the next day.

Saturday we were planning on going to the beach all day. We went to The Big Pink to get some lunch, but the place was packed. We then decided to go eat at the Marriot on the Ocean. The food was good. After that we headed to the loungers on the beach. After being there for about an hour it started raining so we packed it up and went to the Hot Tub in the condo. We set in the hot tub for about an hour and then I decided to go to the gym and get a quick work out in. After that we decided to go shopping. The whole time were shopping it is raining so we got pretty wet, although it was still fun. We then decided to go back to the hotel and chill until night came.

Saturday was the night I had been waiting for, Tiesto @ Mansion. Everything clicked just right and I had one of the best times of my life. We got there at ten to make sure we got in, as we didn’t want to miss it and stand in line all night. Mansion is a great club the lighting, sound, lasers and video screens are all top notch as well as the plush décor. Fedde Le Grand was playing from the time we got in. His set was okay but not that great. Tiesto came on around one. His set was awesome in my opinion. One of the first songs he played was Gabriel & Dresden Arcadia, (my favorite song of all time); you can imagine I was going mental the whole time it was playing. Some other songs he played was Till There Was You, Gabriel & Dresden’s The Killers remix of When We Were Young, and his new song with the video of Ipanema Beach in Brazil. During the Ipanema Beach song they were showing visuals of the beach, it was mind blowing. I was dancing next to an older couple that had went to Ipanema, and they were definetly digging the song and visuals. I pretty much danced non-stop from midnight until 4:20 in the morning. The atmosphere on the dance floor was amazing. My legs were like putty and even though I was having a blast I figured it was about time to go home as the club closes at five anyways. We went back to the hot tub. I don’t know if I have ever felt so good getting in a hot tub. My legs and feet were killing me and the hot tub was just the trick I needed to feel top notch again. After that we went to bed. Unfortunatly, we had to go home on Sunday, that’s a whole other story though, that’s not worth talking about as we dealt with flight problems until I finally got home late afternoon Monday.

All in all though a great trip.