Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Trance @ Work -- Digital Radio

I thought I'd share this little tidbit of info...... I dunno how many of you peeps have access to a computer @ work, but if you do (and you like music), this is guaranteed to make your day go that much quicker.

First, go and download Winamp, if you haven't already. It's a free program that lets you play Mp3s and streamed music tracks on yer computer (assuming you have an internet connection):

/>ftp://ftp.netscape.com/pub/blind/partner/winamp/winamp262.exe

Next, pop on over to Winamp's streamed radio channel:

http://yp.shoutcast.com/waradio.phtml?genre=Trance

Viola! Trance delivered direct to your brain....... no cost, no hassle! Spread the love.... (just not in public.....)

------------------

-=Vejita=-

Hey it's Dave Ralphs set from Karma (Chicago) it is awesome and features some of my favorite Trance tracks including :

Lustral - Someone

Move ( Dunno who is it by )

Art of Trance - Madagascar

and a bunch of other tracks

Btw...all Tranceheadz get this Track....Dave Ralph spins some sick Trance

Nice.... playing it now.

Have you or anyone else ever heard of someone named DJ Tiesto? I've seen a bunch of his (/ her?) tracks on Winamp Trance on several occassions...... _really_ good stuff. Same with DJ Avi, but I only heard that artist yesterday........

------------------

-=Vejita=-

Yeah DJ Tiesto is AWESOME !!! He is a dutch DJ and has several Trance albums out. Check out Magik vol 1 - 5. They are all available through Napster. If u like Trance also check out the following DJ's

Armin Van Buuren

Paul Van Dyk (The GOD of TRANCE !!!)

Paul Oakenfold

These are more mainstream DJ's but they all produce good tracks.

PLUR smile.gif

Originally posted by trancenergy:

Yeah DJ Tiesto is AWESOME !!! He is a dutch DJ and has several Trance albums out. Check out Magik vol 1 - 5. They are all available through Napster. If u like Trance also check out the following DJ's

Armin Van Buuren

Paul Van Dyk (The GOD of TRANCE !!!)

Paul Oakenfold

These are more mainstream DJ's but they all produce good tracks.

PLUR smile.gif

Tiesto rules! My favorite dj. Magik 6 official release date is Aug. 16th. It's really hot, I already have an mp3 version of it and have preordered the original CD too. In my opinion though Tiesto's best set is Live at Energy 2000.

------------------

Our understanding of life is based on the perception of reality, and not the reality itself.

Will do....... I just picked up a Nomad II mp3 player for the gym -- gonna load it chock full of trance goodness -- so the more kickin' music, the better!

Also, check out this label on MP3.com:

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/123/xcentric.html

They're launching soon (Sept, I think), but that hasn't stopped them from offering their CDs on Mp3.com. You can grab all of the Mp3s off the web, though, for free -- the first track "If You Believe" kicks _ass_..... check it out and lemme know what you think.

Btw, I realize that some peeps here are only mild "modern" Oakey fans, but is anyone else planning on gittin' on up to Southampton this Sautrday?

------------------

-=Vejita=-

I see spoonyd's point on NYC not ready for Tiesto (though I don't completely agree with it). NYC still remains a city for house, and not so much for trance. I have to admit that lately things have been changing, and more and more great trance DJ's visit NYC (PVD, Taucher, ...). But there's still a long way to go.

Tiesto is half of Gouryella (with Ferry Corsten as the other half), as well as half of Kamaya Painters (with De Goeij), half of Vimana (with Ferry again), third of Major League (with Armin and Carmen), and the producer for Allure.

------------------

Our understanding of life is based on the perception of reality, and not the reality itself.

dzadza: Well, I guess that's unfortunate, but I don't see any reason in waiting for trance to come to the mainstream clubs and stuff. The underground scene here seems to be pretty lively, to say the least, and I find that environment more relaxed and easy-going than at places like Twilo or Exit.

Not dissing the clubs here -- just saying that trance is already out there. You just have to look a bit harder......

------------------

-=Vejita=-

Well, my standpoint is a bit different from most people on this thread. I'm not a raver, and I'm not a clubber either. Don't want to offend anyone here, but I have little respect for a meathead who only goes to trendy clubs to show off his muscles, or for a raver who will diss a dj just because his music got so popular that it's not considered underground anymore. I've seen many of both kinds. I'm in love with music. And I love to dance. Where and in what environment is not really important. Peace.

------------------

Tiesto at Webster Hall? When did that happen? I've been following both Tiesto's schedule and Webster Hall events, never heard about it.

------------------

Originally posted by vejita:

Sorry, I'm still catching up on some of the abbreviations being tossed around here. What are "BT", "SF" and "PVD"?

SpoonyD -- I just fired you off an email.... sorry it took so long!

BT - Brian Transeau, pretty good trance producer.

SF - Sound Factory,

PVD - Paul Van Dyk!!! one of my favorite dj/producers

------------------

vejita - may be you can help me point out locations for good trance. The type of the spot is of very little importance to me, underground scene, mainstream club, whatever. I mostly care about the music.

------------------

here's what's at the root of my point I think.

Not only is New York all about 'house' it's also very much a 'Club' town. People like S&D, even the PVD's play a pretty club friendly brand of trance. Slightly more progressive, techier. The style of Trance, at least the stuff I love, and the stuff Tiesto plays is more Rave music. Not meant for hoochies in leather pants and cowboys hats, but for kids in phat pants, baseball caps.

Let me digress for a moment on the topic of raves here: I don't think it's any News Flash to say that New York has a pretty shitty Rave scene. I haven't been here long enough to know where it's going, but I've seen enough to know I don't like where it's at.

If Tiesto played a rave here, and it didn't get shut down by the cops, I don't think anyone would notice. They'd be too fucked up or too busy swingin their glowsticks, or flexing their muscles and pushing their way around the dance floor.

If he played Twilo... it would be empty.

These are just my thoughts. I'm not here to be flamed but I'm curious what other people think.

------------------

keep it cutlary

www.spoonyd.iwarp.com

Originally posted by spoonyd:

If Tiesto played a rave here, and it didn't get shut down by the cops, I don't think anyone would notice. They'd be too fucked up or too busy swingin their glowsticks, or flexing their muscles and pushing their way around the dance floor.

If he played Twilo... it would be empty.

These are just my thoughts. I'm not here to be flamed but I'm curious what other people think.

I agree that the Rave scene in NY might not be very strong but to say that Tiesto would play to an empty crowd is bullshit. Come one man, there are plently of ppl in NY as well as on this board who love Trance music. Trance music is not huge in NY but there is still a following. If Tiesto came down here he would probably get the same response as Tilt did when they played at Twilo (which btw was a bomb-ass party smile.gif)

------------------

I know u don't smoke weed...I know this...but it's Friday, u ain't got no job, and u ain't got shit to do.

Diva: Nice. =)

Dzadza: Totally..... do you mind firing me your email addy? Mine is tekboy23@hotmail.com -- I'll give you the URL to the mailing list where I get most of my Internet-related underground stuff from.

------------------

-=Vejita=-