Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Go Go dancing in CT clubs.

cakewalk

The Melao Girls want to be my friend. Looks like they're another group in the up and coming Conecticut Go Go scene. So first it was the Butterfly girls, then the Red Pole Dancers, and now these chicks. Now the price a club pays to book one of these groups, wouldn't it make more sense to take the money and put into some decent music talent, or people won't come out unless there's bare ass and covered nipples? I'm just curious about this one.

in my opinion i don't think that some of these go go dancers are worth their price but how ever they dance there ass off and get the people going on the floor. i do think they should be clothed a little more. maybe look a little less slutty. maybe they should also work on a dance choreography so the appear more professional.

nahh it's simply the market and its current demands...anytime there's an "originator" that has good success, others will jump on it to try and make their business out of it...it doesn't matter if their "worth their price" SOMEONE will pay for it if marketed right...otherwise they'll be out of business quickly.

IMHO, Room 960 & the Butterfly House Girls are the originators...now when someone else jumps into that scene two things can happen: one they can be written off as wannabes, maybe get a spot or 2, gig, few nights, whatever and do OK but fade out in the end, or 2...it creates a healthy dose of competition and makes everyone in the end work hard...and sometimes they can overtake and become the "top dog" in the end...but all of them get their fair share, make $$$$, and everyone actually wins out in the end...

As I get my quote in the TV business..."Dominance = Arrogance = Laziness = LAST PLACE"

nahh it's simply the market and its current demands...anytime there's an "originator" that has good success, others will jump on it to try and make their business out of it...it doesn't matter if their "worth their price" SOMEONE will pay for it if marketed right...otherwise they'll be out of business quickly.

IMHO, Room 960 & the Butterfly House Girls are the originators...now when someone else jumps into that scene two things can happen: one they can be written off as wannabes, maybe get a spot or 2, gig, few nights, whatever and do OK but fade out in the end, or 2...it creates a healthy dose of competition and makes everyone in the end work hard...and sometimes they can overtake and become the "top dog" in the end...but all of them get their fair share, make $$$$, and everyone actually wins out in the end...

As I get my quote in the TV business..."Dominance = Arrogance = Laziness = LAST PLACE"

i realy beg to differ about 960 being the originators of the go go dance scene...lol

we been doing it for over years in the rave scene. Therapy in RI been doing it for just as long as well.

Butterfly girls have nothing on Suiside Girls, Vicarious Girls or the Bad Ass Bitches.

We don’t claim to be originators, just innovators. We have bartenders, gogo dancers, hostesses, models, and shot girls. There are 27 girls. We like that there are other companies, and wish them the best. We honestly have more work than we can handle. If girls want to dance they can work for us, we have fun doing our jobs, but understand that not everyone likes it. We take it seriously, and if girls we hire don’t, they don’t last. We try to push the edge when we can, but its just not appropriate when we are working at events at say, the thirsty turtle. Some people might think we look “sluttyâ€, but we see it as an art…. The art of entertainment. We love it. We also try to book local dj talent, Dawn (breakadawn), Kelly(annk), Manny Rivera, Gera, lady Rosa, Jaimie Daze

And it just happens that we like house music. Marketing is key, and we have done well so far. We hope that you will continue to support us the best you can, and all the other girls in new England that put themselves up on a stage, because it really isn’t easy.

Competition is good for everyone.

We will be launching a new website in two weeks.

We have a new event starting Next Saturday

We are dancing at fashion show after party tonight 4.13.2007 with kered to benefit spina bifida

check our myspace for upcoming events:

http://www.myspace.com/butterflygirlsinc

Im going to attach some pictures in case some of you guys don’t know about us.

Long Live House.

Butterfly House

l_f48e6ef7821632a4040b93553d143b6e.jpg

l_e17deabef0acd5ddf5561a2cbd488f06.jpg

l_fa52162f6b6459ca4cf6a3f36bf1b605.jpg

chug.jpg

headrush21.jpg

talent, or people won't come out unless there's bare ass and covered nipples? I'm just curious about this one.

And I think that it just adds to the ambiance of the club, make it seem more crazy, more fun, and good dancers will get the crown moving.

people dont necessarily come to the club to see the dancers, but they might come back because of the experience at the club.

cakewalk do you like the dancers?

CT = minor leagues..everyone wanna be a promoter, everyone a dj, everyone a club owner. people throw fits...so and so owe me money etc etc

Djs becoming promoters, promoters running red pole dancer companies, dancer companies booking DJs!?!!?!?!??!? shit run back asswards...and thats that dog. then people get pist cause they aint gettin paid. go figure.

if i was a club owner i would just hire the girls straightaway and cut the margin out ; ) but i aint, and thank god fo that!

We don’t claim to be originators, just innovators. We have bartenders, gogo dancers, hostesses, models, and shot girls. There are 27 girls. We like that there are other companies, and wish them the best. We honestly have more work than we can handle. If girls want to dance they can work for us, we have fun doing our jobs, but understand that not everyone likes it. We take it seriously, and if girls we hire don’t, they don’t last. We try to push the edge when we can, but its just not appropriate when we are working at events at say, the thirsty turtle. Some people might think we look “sluttyâ€, but we see it as an art…. The art of entertainment. We love it. We also try to book local dj talent, Dawn (breakadawn), Kelly(annk), Manny Rivera, Gera, lady Rosa, Jaimie Daze

And it just happens that we like house music. Marketing is key, and we have done well so far. We hope that you will continue to support us the best you can, and all the other girls in new England that put themselves up on a stage, because it really isn’t easy.

Competition is good for everyone.

We will be launching a new website in two weeks.

We have a new event starting Next Saturday

We are dancing at fashion show after party tonight 4.13.2007 with kered to benefit spina bifida

check our myspace for upcoming events:

http://www.myspace.com/butterflygirlsinc

Im going to attach some pictures in case some of you guys don’t know about us.

Long Live House.

Butterfly House

l_f48e6ef7821632a4040b93553d143b6e.jpg

l_e17deabef0acd5ddf5561a2cbd488f06.jpg

l_fa52162f6b6459ca4cf6a3f36bf1b605.jpg

chug.jpg

headrush21.jpg

i know you guys didnt claim that and i do respect what you are doing.

Innovator is probably the word I should have used...thanks...it's not so much something *brand new* that's never been seen before anywhere, but it hasn't been around for a long long time and being the "first" to do so in a particular area, having great success, and then spawning the competition. BH saying they have more work then they can handle definitely shows that the demand is currently out there for this for others to take their slice of pie too...if it's done right.

Should have said also 960 was in the sense of house music/nightclubs...although they do get the dancers in there too...lol. That would be something if they had their own company on the side too....hahahaha.

CT = minor leagues..everyone wanna be a promoter, everyone a dj, everyone a club owner. people throw fits...so and so owe me money etc etc

Djs becoming promoters, promoters running red pole dancer companies, dancer companies booking DJs!?!!?!?!??!? shit run back asswards...and thats that dog. then people get pist cause they aint gettin paid. go figure.

if i was a club owner i would just hire the girls straightaway and cut the margin out ; ) but i aint, and thank god fo that!

CT is the minor leagues...if you are comparing to NY, Miami, LA, etc. In and of itself, it seems to do relatively OK. Better to have what's going on now, then to be in areas where NOTHING happens and there's a demand for it.

Beyond that, everyone wants to be this and that...of course. It's been that way in many areas for a long time...peeps want the success they see, just don't want to work for it (or think it's cake), especially in this industry. Then they wonder what's up when nights suck and/or they don't get paid, or in full. Gotta be an asshole sometimes to be able to survive in this...