Clubplanet Nightlife Community

East Williamsburg...safe?

mala

Hi Guys,

I just moved back to New York after living in Australia for over one year. Now I'm looking for an affordable apartment, but I feel like I'm out of the loop when it comes to picking a neighborhood. I'm viewing a place in East Williamsburg on Sunday, but I'm not sure about the area. I know the center of Williamsburg has been gentified, but what about East Williamsburg, which seems to border on Bushwick? Its on Graham Ave., a few block off the Montrose L stop. Anyone familiar with this area? Is it safe at night? I'm a female, btw. Anything else I should know?

Thanks!

"east" williamsburg = bushwick

dangerous? a bit......but with 600 murders a year among a population of 8 million the chances of you getting killed are slim to none.

I would stay away just because of the fact the apt was advertised as "east" williamsburg......if you want to live there, check for apartments in Bushwick.

When i lived in williamsburg i payed 550 a month for a 1 bedroom and it was a shitty shitty neighborhood, now its WAY to overpriced.

I am moving to the bronx next month. 2 bedroom, 1000sq foot, art deco.....$140k (700/mo) is it safe? about as safe as bushwick, but it the last frontier of ungentrified yuppiness in NYC.

"east" williamsburg = bushwick

dangerous? a bit......but with 600 murders a year among a population of 8 million the chances of you getting killed are slim to none.

I would stay away just because of the fact the apt was advertised as "east" williamsburg......if you want to live there, check for apartments in Bushwick.

When i lived in williamsburg i payed 550 a month for a 1 bedroom and it was a shitty shitty neighborhood, now its WAY to overpriced.

I am moving to the bronx next month. 2 bedroom, 1000sq foot, art deco.....$140k (700/mo) is it safe? about as safe as bushwick, but it the last frontier of ungentrified yuppiness in NYC.

We're no longer going to be neighbors? That's okay - I'll take the Triborough any day for Grace. :makeout: