Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Old fashions....

I'm sorry but whenever I see a Mullet haircut I just want to take scissors and cut that guys hair!!! At least I haven't seen that 'do at the clubs.

Remember "JAMS"-those long ass shorts? The length of the shorts is kind of back in style, but what was up with those prints?

For the girls, it was all about those jelly bracelts, my sisters had tons of those.

Is it just me but doesn't the 90's seem to be a fairly good fashion decade? I mean, I can't think of any really crazy fashion style , aside from the spandex under the shorts (which I still see people at the gym wear) rolleyes.gif I wonder if 10 years from now, we will look back and say "what were we thinking?"

<<<PEACE>>>

------------------

"...I'm going to show them a world, without you. A world without rules and

controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible.

Where we go from there is the choice I leave to you." -THE MATRIX

g-money -

I think we will one day look back and laugh at the size of the pants people wore in the 90's - 00's. Some are so big you can fit 3 people in them.

------------------

** Shake It Baby **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Tchick

[This message has been edited by tripinchick (edited 08-17-2000).]

Ok I just saw a lasy walking outside my job wearing these and it made me think of the post....remember the stirrup pants??? Where there was an elastic that went under your feet to hold the pants on...Oh my cant believe ppl are still wearing them no

hehe

------------------

~*~* Women beat their men~*~*~The men beat on their drums~*~*

Originally posted by misskittie:

Ok I just saw a lasy walking outside my job wearing these and it made me think of the post....remember the stirrup pants??? Where there was an elastic that went under your feet to hold the pants on...Oh my cant believe ppl are still wearing them no

hehe

God help Kittie my brother is 33 and still cruises Bloomfield ave in his Trans Am with Freestyle pumpin. No lie. I love the kid, but!!!

------------------

It's all in the music

Lets see, What i used to rock ...HHHmmm..?

LATE 80s:

A 6inch tail - bleached blond

I couldn't afford Cavarichis, So i had some cheap ass knock offs frown.gif

Chuck Taylors with multicolored shoelaces

Batman Shirts & I had the batman emblem shaved in the back of my head ...lol

Leather Medalions - I grew up in a mostly black area, all the brothers were rocking the Africa medalions, So i rocked the peace symbol one ...

Then the 90s rolled around

And I was rocking the Patrick Ewing Hi-Tops, The bugs bunny "hip-hop" tee-shirt under my cross colors stripped shirt with a pair of osh gosh overalls & spiked hair, so hard I could kill some with it ...

MY GOD WHAT WERE WE THINKING??????

------------------

I love this house,

this house of house

- pin-stripe lee jeans

- mini-skirt w/leggings w/wide boots that came up to mid-calf

- safety pins down the back of your pant leg, making them tight to your calf

- also safety pins (about 10,000 of them) on the back of your jean jacket, and if you were really cool, you made some funky design

- leg warmers!!!

- oh and i used to wear orange lipstick. not some cool shimmery type. oh no it was matte orange. and i'm black!!

- oh oh oh and i had a jheri curl and in the summer i put half a bottle of sun-in in to lighten it. it turned orange!! redface.gif

you couldn't tell us we weren't styling and profiling!! laugh.gif

these were the only 80's outfits! let me just tell you all, i for one am sooo glad it's over!

------------------

icon9.giflove.gificon7.gif

Ok Ok I got a couple more...

1.) Denim jeans with paint splashed on them

2.) Those cloth shoes that you slide on with the rubber sole....they were like $5 bucks a pair.

3.) And remember those little flat shoes that were really narrow with the BIG BOW in the very front? They came in every color on the rainbow plus some...

------------------

~*~* Women beat their men~*~*~The men beat on their drums~*~*

Originally posted by smilepimpette:

Did any Jersey peepz used to shop @ THE UNION MARKET PLACE?

YES ... and its a dam shame they tore it down frown.gif

Remember that low budget movie theater that was there ... thats where I saw the movie "Kids" for the first time ...

------------------

I love this house,

this house of house