Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ Tiesto

Dis any of you club heads ever heard of this guy? Is he any good? I heard stories that he is the bomb - looking for confirmation from you all knowing out there smile.gif

Thanks

------------------

mozgi_*_**_**_

Dance f*ck dance

Wow! Thats a lot of info. Thanks! I guess all I heard is correct... Do you know if he ever plays US? I am intrigued now. Got to here something like that. The last time I seen DJ cry was like 3-4 years ago, can't come up with the name rihgt now but it was something. He put the crowd in such a stated of imotional shock that all of the DJ after them could not bring people back to life... Aewsome set but very sad..

------------------

mozgi_*_**_**_

Dance f*ck dance

I wouldn't say that his sets are sad . . . but very emotional mostly happiness . . . very fluffy and sweet music. Also, I don't know if you can say his sets are hard trance at all. He plays at the Shadow Lounge in Miami. That's where you'll find him. Here is the web address:

www.shadowlounge.com

I believe some other big names are resident DJs there also. If you like Ferry Corsten then you'll like Tiesto . . they're very similar.

BlueAngel

------------------

"Rehab is for quitters!"

I have a mixed cd of his that is kickass, and I know he co-produced or produced some really kickass tracks, but can't name them off the top of my head...

I would def go see him if he was in town.

Melissa

------------------

blueskygirl-aka mbdewey

unavoidable username change

Still the same ole me... but 50 posts lighter.

mbdewey@yahoo.com

Shadowlounge will have to wait until next year. But thanks for the info again. I got to check him out...

This board got much pride and nice people...

Thanks again

------------------

mozgi_*_**_**_

Dance f*ck dance

Tiesto is definitely a remarkable dj. I would say he is comparable to Paul Oakenfold in some ways, but more trancey. Personally, his music is too fluffy for me, but if you're into that kind of stuff you'll love his sets.

------------------

I can stop whenever I want.

Tiesto is awesome. My opinion is he's one of the best trance artists at the moment. My personal favorite DJ (followed by with Ferry Corsten). He somehow manages to play deep, melodic trance which is so solid and soooooo far from being cheesy (check out any of his Magik mixes, 1-6, the latest one came out yesterday). Sometimes with a techno streak (as in Space Age mixes). Almost every one of his sets amazes me. He's dutch, and is both a producer and DJ, has his own record label as well (www.dj-tiesto.com). As a producer he's known for being half of Gouryella, half of Kamaya Painters, half of Vimana, thrid of Major League, the producer for Allure, and of course tracks by DJ Tiesto (Subspace Interference, Theme from Norefjell, etc.) And as a DJ... his Live at Energy 2000 set is the best high-energy trance mix I have heard.

------------------

Beauty projection into reflection is always the worst way to start.