Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Top 10 Tracks - June 2007

sorry i've been a lil behind this month---

Top 10 Tracks for June 2007

1. Smack My Bitch Up (richard durand remix) - Prodigy [WHITE]

--Finally got my hands on this monster track that Tiesto has been rocking for a few months now. Durand takes this old school Prodigy track and adds his signature techy drums to it. Add to that a monster build and you have this weapon that destroys any room it finds.

2. Lemon Tree - Marcel Woods [HIGH CONTRAST]

--Woods returns with a techy banger that peaks with a nice breakdown before returning to the drummy maddness. Definitely feeling this one.

3. Whine Up (johnny vicious club mix AND acid dub ) - Kat Deluna ft Elephant Man [EPIC]

--It takes some talent to turn a record that is huge on the Hip Hop side of things and make a remix that dance heads can enjoy. Vicious exhibits that talent here, and he does it in true Vicious fashion. If you're not familiar with the original, its a hip hop/raegge kinda track that has become a dancefloor anthem this summer. Vicious' club mix basically uses the synth from the original, and adds some drums to keep the mix moving. And in true JV style, he adds a dub that takes it to another level. It has a CLASSIC Johnny V synth breakdown that is reminiscent of I'll Fly With You's dub (gigi d'angustino) and has a harder bassline to the track with some haunting vocal stabs. Its been a while since a track has come out that I can work between the vocal and the dub back and forth, look for this in my sets.

4. Makes Me Wonder (harry choo choo romero's bambossa mix) - Maroon 5 [A & M RECORDS]

--I absolutely love the original of this song, so I was interested to hear the remixes done. Harry's take on it is awesome. A nice electro bassline and some effects on the vocals make this a staple in my set for at least the next few weeks.

5. Columbian Soul - Mark Knight & D Ramirez [TOOLROOM]

--It appears as though D Ramirez is pulling the dirtiness out of Mr Knight when they team up. The other two tracks on this EP are nasty as well, but my pick of the lot would be this one. A dirty dirty bassline followed by some high pitch pizzicato strings show why this track was a fixture in Tiesto and AVB's sets the last few months.

6. Roadkill - Dubfire [CD-R - WHITE]

--One half of Deep Dish, Dubfire starts this track with a deeeeeeeeeep bassline and kick slowly building into a moving track. This track does amazing in my sets to help transition from the downtempo stuff into the tracks that have more movement. Every major jock is in on this one.

7. Break For Love 2007 (david vendetta) - Raze [PARADISE]

--Probably my favorite track of the month right here. Growing up I was a fan of the original of this track (even though it was probably a bit 'advanced' for my age in its subject matter haha). Vendetta takes the original melody and updates it with today's electro sound. Every time I play this track, I have people asking about it. That's always a good sign.

8. Welcome to the Jungle - DLG v. G & R [WHITE]

--The latest rock remix creation that is blowing up dancefloors, this one take the record that put Guns & Roses on the map and builds and builds it until dropping a nasty beat. People instantly recognize the guitar riff and it works really well with all different types of crowds.

9. The Sunlight - Breakfast [flashOVER RECORDINGS]

--So glad to finally get my hands on this one. EPIC trance record being slammed by Armin. Some amazing synths followed by an awesome breakdown. Really on this one-

10. Moments - Hammer & Funabashi [CAPTIVATING SOUNDS]

--This is proggy trance at its best. Hammer & Funabashi break it down to a soothing female vocal before bringng back in the hammering bassline. Its easy to get lost in a track like this. Great start to a trance set.

Thats it for June. Dont forget u can catch my mixshow on antifmradio.com each and every monday at 4pm and again at 10pm anddddd

You can catch me LIVE each and every wednesday night at Club Abyss in Sayreville NJ at my new residency!!

mb