Clubplanet Nightlife Community

paul oakenfolds consort in soute Hamptons

the best fucking party of the sommer in the hamptons.Oaky was in his best, beautiful people,grate atmosphere.

For me it was something special considering that im only going 2 "TWILO" 2 hear this kind of music.the club was smaller & it felt like it was a privet party.of course i was rolling(thats what is all abuot,no?)& the filling was jost orgasmic.God bless this music & thuse D.J's.

Guest crystalmethodny

*laughing*

Funny, Angel.

Hey... I like Mercury & Solace... BT in da hizzouse...

But just once.

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

CM, I swear to god . . . Oaky did that at Pacha in Ibiza. My bf and I LOVE Mercury and Solace but after about 10 minutes of it . . . we were like, "PLEASE NO MORE!!!"

Oaky really need to do something to prove that he still has it . . . other wise he's gonna lose that "I'm the best" image that he keeps on throwing around . . . that is if he hasn't lost it already.

BlueAngel

------------------

"Rehab is for quitters!"

Oakey used to be my fav DJ (first intro to the scene was him)...but slowly I've been leaning toward progressive house/hard trance. After Oakey's performance at the Roseland last time, in my mind, he doesn't come close to the talent of Sasha & Digweed!

I can still remember the magic at the Roxy, Thanksgiving '99 when Dave Ralph and Oakey spun!

oakey shouldnt even be mentioned in the same topic as sasha and digweed. that whole #1 shit was a media thing, his skills never compared to a lot of other djs. he just rode that epic trance wave when it blew up 2 years ago, and he's still stuck on the same tracks as back then. i bitch about pvd dropping a lot of the same shit but oakey puts him to shame. i was gonna check him at the hamptons too this weekend, but the rain friday detered my crew. i doubt i missed much. pappa will soon be regarded the best dj in the world, mark my words.

------------------

deez nuts

Originally posted by blueangel:

pooH, when is Pappa suppose to return to Twilo? Do you know? My bf got his most recent live set and he's absolutely amazing!! Wow, the energy level is so high . . . incredible!

BlueAngel

dunno when he's comming back, but i think that those nights they have at twilo with a few quality djs is to see who would be a good fit for a residensy there. you know get a crowd reaction, see if the dj likes twilo etc etc. i really want him and those guys from the tilt nite to get here on a regular basis. slacker too, he droped the best afterhrs set i've heard in a while. where do u get these live sets and why aren't you sharing them with me?

comming for s$d this friday? if so we'll chat.

------------------

deez nuts

Hey guys,

They are all on rotation @ Twilo because they are all signed to the Balance roster. Balance books all their dates in the States:Pappa, Seaman, Parks& Wilson, Slacker, S&D, and most of the other DJ's at Twilo except Deep Dish, Cox and PVD. All the balance DJ's can only play @ Twilo because of a contract deal. Thats why you only hear certain DJ's there and nowhere else in the city. Pappa and Seaman are going to bedoing another night soon so I hear.

There is a really dope Pappa set on Napster called live @ Renaissance, you guys should hear.

parish

i was at that oakie performance at Roseland, and it was quite dissappointing. I hate to say it, but has oakie lost his magic??? Back in March at the Roxy, he was outstanding, the vibe like none other, but roseland was so far the opposite. i'm hoping it was just an off night. But i agree, let the spinning speak for oakie, if he's the best, let it come out. oh by way, max graham stole the show that night at Roseland.

Thank god for Napster. I sit here at work and download so many great sets and songs. Most recently, a 72 minute set of kimball collins! has anybody heard of this guy? outstanding!!!!!