Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Top 10 Tracks - August 2007

Top 10 Tracks - August 2007

myspace.com/mikebugout

1. Check This Out (peter bailey's tech this out edit) - Cevin Fisher [CD-R]

--Another one of Peter's now infamous edits, this track has built some of the most buzz of any tracks the last few months. The drums keep the track moving as Bailey weaves in and out of the famous "check this out" sample. Banger.

2. Strings & Guitars - Arctic Quest [ARMADA]

--Hands down one of the biggest trance anthems of the year. With a deep bassline and melodic build, the track initially sounds like beginning to middle of the night quality track. With a quick drop surrounded by some angelic voices, the track fades to silence. BAM! An amazing hard synth line hits and becomes the signature sound for the summer and for this anthem. It carries the track the rest of the way. Tiesto has been crushin this track on his tour. Here's a sample of what that breakdown can do to a crowd--->

3. Harder Better Faster Stronger (deadmau5 edit) - Daft Punk [CD-R]

--Up until about a month ago, I had never heard of this DJ/Producer Deadmau5. However after a guest mix on Tiesto's mixshow and a bunch of solid productions, he makes 2 appearances on my top tracks this month. This remix/edit brings Daft Punk's sample back to the dancefloor with a hard electro bassline and kick. For the last month this track has been one of biggest records of the night, every night.

4. Lovestoned / I Think She Knows (Tiesto mix) - Justin Timberlake [JIVE]

--Tiesto's remix of Justin's new pop song is a winner from start to finish. The vocal and the guitar remain from the original, but the other elements are replaced by a harddd bassline and a synth to match the vocal line. My only complaint is that the mix is short (only a little more than 5 mins), but other than that, its a bomb.

5. The One - Sharam [CD-R]

--I've always been a huge fan of Deep Dish, and even more now as they've each started to produce on their own. Sharam has been cranking out bangers and this one is no exception. Sampling Daniel Beddingfield's "If You're Not The One", he turns it into an electro bassline monster. I get approached by 2-3 people everytime I play this one, looking for the ID. Girls love the vocal, fellas love the beats, track is a winner.

6. Oceanic - Above & Beyond pres Tranquility Base [ANJUNABEATS]

--More of the same from Above & Beyond on this one. Finally getting its release, this track features all the elements that normally make A & B tracks some of my favorites. The breakdown, particularly on this one, is what does it for me. Melodic and trancy at its best.

7. Here Waiting For You (breakfast remix) - Thrillseekers [ADJUSTED MUSIC]

--I feel like its been a while since I've had a really dope trance vocal that I can just really get attached to. So to fill that void, here's Breakfasts' remix. The Thrillseekers are always good for a vocal trancer, and with upstart producer Breakfast providing the builds and breaks to this one, its already been my track of the week on my mixshow. This is the kind of track I try to slip in to even my vocal and electro sets just to let the crowd feel it.

8. Bringing Back The Underground - Robbie Rivera [JUICY]

--Robbie Rivera brings that Juicy Miami sound with a track that goes back to his bread and butter. A simple kick and bassline with a simple synth. Add to that a catch hook with a dark deep voice and you got this dancefloor banger. Lovin the fact he added the acapella to the release.

9. Faxing Berlin (chris lake edit) - Deadmau5 [MAU5TRAP]

--The 2nd appearance by Deadmau5 on the chart this month is for his feature track on his own label. Grabbing massive support from Marcus Schulz, Tiesto, AVB and others, this track is a great builder. Nice mellow synths paired with a bassline set the track off.

10. Otherwize Then Its Like That - Steve Angello/Laidback Luke v. Run DMC [CD-R]

--Take Laidback Luke's "Otherwize Then" and mash it with Run DMC and you get this monster. A minute into the track it breaks out into the famous Run DMC intro, which always throws the crowd for a loop. When Luke's track hits, with crazy electro stabs and keys, It's Like That gets woven in. I heard the Sweedish House Mafia drop this one on Radio 1 when they were live at Cream at Amnesia in Ibiza and the place erupted. Insanity.

Mixshows - Monday 4pm and 10pm www.antifmradio.com

Live - Every Wednesday @ Deko Lounge (rt 35 sayreville nj)

mb