Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Labor Day Weekend

visionz53

Hello!

Coming down to Miami Labor Day Weekend from NY.

2 questions I hope someone may be able to answer:

1. I've been looking at the weather and it says rain rain rain up until next Saturday. Has it been all day rain lately or those FL quick showers? I know it's hurricane season and no we did not think about that before we booked :(

2. What are the hot clubs right now? We are used to and like the more upscale places that place house..not really into hip hop.

THANKS!!!!!

In Miami, at the moment, there is no upscale venue that does not play hip hop. You need to deal with the fact that wherever you go out, there will be people that want to dance to hip hop and that's what will be played to get the people to dance. It may be sad but it's reality. That said, start off at the hotel bars on Collins (Sagamore, Setai, Shore Club, Raleigh, National, Delano, Loews) which might be playing chilled-out summer tunes. Then work your way down to Mansion, Mokai, Set, Pearl and maybe Prive (I don't know if they still play house here).

If you're willing to distance yourself (and your friends) from the glam and models and bottles scene, you'll be surprised at what you find. :D

:bounce:Thanks so much for the info! It's not really that we want the models and bottles crowd, it's just that we don't want strictly hip hop places..I shoulda phrased that better ;)

How about the weather these days?

Thanks again! We're staying at the Sagamore so we'll just hop around and see where the nights bring us.

:bounce:Thanks so much for the info! It's not really that we want the models and bottles crowd, it's just that we don't want strictly hip hop places..I shoulda phrased that better ;)

How about the weather these days?

Thanks again! We're staying at the Sagamore so we'll just hop around and see where the nights bring us.

The Sagamore is a nice hotel but definitely venture out to Lincoln Road at least for dinner. Hit up the following spots on this pedestrianized thoroughfare for food and/or drinks: Doraku, Sushi Samba, The Van Dyke, Sushi Siam, Touch, Santo, Quattro and Segafreddo.

Most of the clubs are on Washington Avenue but you can show up before 1:00 am and still have 4 hours to enjoy the scenery.

Like I said, most venues on SoBe offer house music in one of their rooms at least on one of their busy nights (Thursday/Friday/Saturday). Still, hip hop reigns supreme on SoBe, even though many venues are now leaning towards an "open format" where you'll hear '80s, mash-ups, house, reggaeton and hip-hop all in the same room played by the same dj (or a guy who thinks he's a dj).

There are several "low key" and perhaps more "off the beaten path" venues on SoBe that offer house/techno/minimal/electro/progressive on Sobe: Blue, Laundry Bar, Purdy Lounge (on occasion), Boom Boom Room, Funkshion (on Sundays).

For post-clubbing munchies, hit up Dogma, Cheeseburger Baby, Gino's Pizza & Brew, Pasha's and Pizza Rustica. :D

So helpful you are!

I haven't been down in 2 years so it's nice to get the updates! :)

We have dinner reservations at Tantra & Barton G. Any thoughts?

So I'm taking it that the weather isn't lookin so great?

Thanks again!!!!

No problem whatsoever! I would guess you can check the weather online before you get here. I'm guessing it will be more of the same: 80% humidity, low to mid 90's with scattered thunderstorms during the early afternoon. :D

u might want to check out Suite on Sat. 14th & Washington

you have DJs Justin Shepard & Armand Pena dropping house all night in the main room and Ryan Morales in the Asia playing hiphop and mashups.

its exactly what u looking for with the upscale venues here in the beach. where the main room plays house all night and it does play hiphop for those who want to dibble dabble all night